• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Next meeting - Tuesday 23rd April

Guest Steve

Guest Steve

Next Meeting 7:30pm at the Leicester Space Centre:

Dear all

Just a quick reminder that our next meeting is this coming Tuesday April 23 when Martin Cox will talk about the astrolabe, a device used for predicting celestial positions.   You may recall that Martin brought the astrolabe he constructed along to our 60th anniversary meeting.  

It's also the final of the Pan-STARRS photographic competition!    This was a difficult object to spot and I know quite a few of you were disappointed (and that includes some of those who saw it!    Ha ha!).    However, if you do have any images, please bring them along.    If you aren't able to come along on Tuesday but would still like to enter your images can you please email them to me by tomorrow (Monday) please?          

I'm now looking forward to the Comet ISON competition at the end of the year!

You will also recall the talk Peter Crane gave a few weeks back on 'Astronomy in Comfort'.    What an excellent set up!   Peter has sent through this image of M51, obtained remotely.

See you Tuesday

All the best

Ann

I'm in.

Shall I call for you. See if you're coming out to play?

:D

Guest Steve

I'll be ready - as long as me Ma has done me fish fingers for tea and I've finished me bath!

Number 3 - 2nd building on the right - Avensis on the drive.