• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Extra observing session at the new Wainfleet site 4th/5th May

oldfruit

ELAC will be holding an additional observing session at the new dark site at Wainfleet on either Sat 4th May or Sun 5th May. This will be dependant on the weather so the date will be confirmed nearer the time. This meeting will be in addition to our usual monthly meeting at Gibraltar Point.

Anyone is welcome to come along. It is on a bank holiday weekend with no Moon so please feel free to join us. If it is a clear night you will not be dissapointed.

Would be nice to get to use my scope at a decent site if I can make it :)

Depending on work commitments I will try to make it mark

Hope to see you both there.

Just an update, the weather looks equally good for Saturday and Sunday evening at the moment. The Saturday night would be the better choice if the weather forcast stays the same? :screwloose:

Guest @ndyC

I won't be able to come down Saturday as I'm taking the wife out on an anniversary meal. I'd come down Sunday if it turns out to be when you decide to go.

Im at an 18th birthday party on Saturday night. If you go on Sunday im should be able to make it keep us posted mark

Not sure about any night transport wise yet, but that shouldn't be a problem anyway, so any night I don't really mind.

Not sure about any night transport wise yet, but that shouldn't be a problem anyway, so any night I don't really mind.

Transport sorted if needed, would be good to have you along Tobias, will keep updating with regard to the weather.

Either day is OK for me so will watch the weather! I will pass through Boston on the way if a lift is needed??

Still looking good for Saturday evening. I am planning to arrive there between 8-8.30pm.

Im at an 18th birthday party on Saturday. Don't forget to post a review .

I think it's a Saturday meet, weather looks good and 2 days to get over the late night! :lol:

I will probably visit RSPB Frieston Shore on the way as well, Sun down at 20.39 hrs so plenty of time!

Cheers

Ron

Saturday night it is then. As i said, i will be down there 8.30-9 ish. Really looking forward to a follow up session at Wainfleet.

Leaving in a minute, RC and EQ5 packed + bins and camera! See you all there later  :)  :)

Details posted in observing reports. Great night. :)

Looks very dark.

It was until Ron blinded us all! :lol:  Luckily it was cloudy at the time.