• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M101 Redux (LRGB)

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Experimenting a bit more, put all the filters into the sequence this time :o Not sure I like this as much as my L only image, but the flats have worked better this time at least :)

Processed in Maxim and Photoshop

15x180s L

8x120s each RGB binned 2x2

886bd522-b523-4c8d-8886-c100ea012907.jpg

Looks good Stephen-nice job :) what's the small fuzzy to the left of the target?

Guest Kheldar

Looks good Stephen-nice job :) what's the small fuzzy to the left of the target?

NGC5474 - if you click through (twice) you will see the astrobin plate solve, there's three other friends hiding in there :)

Really nice image Stephen. I like the framing, bringing in the  NGC fuzzies.

cheers

Steve

Guest Kheldar

Just realised that everyone's probably look at at this zoomed out (the native image is 2750x2200 :o) so here's a 100% crop

4b719145-10ca-41b0-8ce2-b290a18c47a3.jpg

Guest Kheldar

very pretty :) but some of stars dont look round now??? or is it my eyesight again :wacko:

No you're quite right, something's amiss :facepalm: Will check a single sub when I get home

Edited by Kheldar

think you may have some bad ones there or stacking is off???  Glad its not my eyesight.......  enough is falling to bits

at my age without that :lol:

Still damn nice image though :D

Those stars look exactly like mine did before I had the adaptor made to get rid of the pinched fixings.

Guest Kheldar

Those stars look exactly like mine did before I had the adaptor made to get rid of the pinched fixings.

That thought crossed my mind but I can't for the life of my work out (off the top of my head) what could possibly be pinching.

Moonlite (2" pushfit) GT reducer (T2) Upsizing thread (M48) TS OAG (T2) Filter Wheel (T2) Camera

Going to be a process of elimination I think starting with collimation of the scope :blink: (Have checked individual subs, they are all misshapen :()

Edited by Kheldar

My sticking point was the 2" - T2 adapter being pinched in the focuser.