• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Saturn 29/04/13 1st bash at sketching a planet

philjay

Here's my attempt from last night, it says it all on the image. Not a lot of detail in there due to turbulence but I wanted to have a bash at doing it the old fashioned way.

Colours were quite subtle with the rings being stark white but the disc and belts being more yellow with yellow / orange turning to more greyish yellow closer to the polar region.

The scan has lost some of the definition so I had to increase the contrast / levels but this has made it rather blocky but it gives the idea

Hers the observing report for last night http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/4864-29th-april-2013/

Lovely sketch Phil. I observed Saturn as well last night and as you say there wasn't much colour in the planet.

Nice sketch, i was actually observing Saturn last night and would say you have captured a pretty good representation of what was visible at the eyepiece.