• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Spotted this on SGL

Guest BigTfromNotts

Guest BigTfromNotts

Hi Mods

I spotted this on SGL. This is an offer of 350 euros worth of free educational material and mechandise from the hubble website. It is only free to astro societies.

I don't know if we would qualify or not, but it could be useful:

http://stargazerslou...-societies.html

Cheers

Tony

Edited by BigTfromNotts

I'm afraid we didn't get it, they answered back within 3 hours saying that we don't reach their criteria. There answer was:

Your justification is not sufficient to evaluate the request.

I had to put a little bit about us and this is what I said.

The East Midlands Stargazers is a small but growing community of amatuer astronomers from all over the East Midlands. We have members in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire so meeting other local astronomers is easy by being a member of our forum. We are an extremely friendly group who welcome all beginners and with help from our more experienced members, help to guide these new members through the world of astronomy

East Midlands Stargazers has two dedicated dark sites for imaging and observing, which are available for use by our "Dark Site Members" all year round. One of these dark sites is near Nottingham and the other is near Belper, both providing great dark skies away from the bulk of the light pollution.

I don't really know what else I could have done. Maybe they had reached their quoto of freebies.

I am interested in the educational DVDs.

I am an administrator of a free Internet based resource called East Midlands Stargazers, in the United Kingdom. We are a member supported group who are reaching out to local astronomers (both experienced and beginner) to bring like minded individuals together, share the wealth of knowledge that is available and encourage more people to take part in this fantastic hobby.

We are shortly running an educational night in which volunteers are bringing their own equipment to give beginners a hands on experience of telescopes, related equipment, software, etc. we are funding the exercise out of our own pockets with visitors only being asked to turn up and join the fun. You can see details at our website, http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.co.uk, in the news area of the forum.

If educational materials are available, I fee we could make excellent use of these in promoting astronomy to local astronomers in the East Midlands area, covering Nottingham, Derby, Leicester and Lincoln.

I hope this request is looked upon favourably and thank you for your time.

All they can say is no!

Guest BigTfromNotts

Fingers crossed, this time.

Even if they say no again, at least we tried. No amount of freebies can compete with the astronomical knowledge that our members have and share. They could help though. lol

Tony