• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

may meet reminder

cosmic dave

Dont forget we have another elac meeting this weekend. Gib point from sunset. .

Looks possibly clear in the evening, fingers crossed.

Weather isn't looking great on 7timer at the mo, cloud and rain!

Not sure if I can make it if the weather keeps looking that bad!

The different weather reports seem at odds with each other at the moment, going to wait and see.Will still go for the 'natter' etc ... :)

Guest MakkaPakka1

Hope it's a good night, work has dragged me away again so I won't be there. All the best.

Just bringing the little Meg 72 tonight, hope to see you all there about 8.45 ish  :)

7Timer now showing clear after 20.00hrs till past midnight! Let's hope so !! :)

Woooow first ever im the first here. Blue skies here at the moment ..

Sorry guys, i have had to pull out of tonights session due to illness, been in bed since 6pm. Have a good evening.

it cleared nicely mark a good night was had by all :)

Hope you feel better soon

I think Andy and I left about 11.30 ish,,it was still clear then but a very cold wind. By the time I reached the A17 it had clouded over and when I got home it was raining!!

So we left there at just the right time. Enjoyable night but a cloudy start, cleared about 10 pm, saw Venus,Jupiter and the Moon, so so views of Saturn and spent a lot of time talking!! Good banter and a good evening!! :)

Hope you feel well soon Mark, take care.

Edited by Ron Clarke

I went to bed at one ron and it was still clear here.

Will not make the June meeting, I will be in Mallorca!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Guest @ndyC

Another enjoyable night and good to see everyone again. When I arrived about 20:40 the clouds looked liked they were going to be there to stay but as the crescent moon started to become visible it turned out to be a really clear night, right up to when I got back about 12:30. We managed to catch Venus in the twilight but there wasn't any chance of getting a clear view being so low down, and Jupiter suffered from shimmer but Dave managed to pick out the bands,with the moons becoming more visible as it got darker. My scope missed Marks van as it suffered from the shakes in the brisk wind and the wind chill was bearable especially with my flask of tea and Ron's wife's Banana and chocolate cupcakes Mmm. Saturn looked impressive and whilst i had it in view i was lucky to catch a shooting star trailing off before the edge of the FOV.

I took advantage of the clear horizons and focused on the upcoming constellations,with M13 and M57 looking bright. I managed to find PanSTARRS in Cepheus but now past it's best as its now just a fuzzy ball. I then went for Markarian's chain and my 15mm UWA eyepiece was filled with galaxy's. I could have stayed for hours more as it was so clear and dark but decided it was best to pack up my gear with Ron as the local wildlife in their Citroen Saxos were making the car park into a theme park again. See you all at the next one.

Edited by @ndyC

Ahhh yes the cake. Thanks mrs ron it was most welcome.

Really sorry to have missed what sounds like a good nights observing but i really was not feeling well yesterday afternoon and evening, though am feeling a lot better today. Also sounds like i missed out on some nice cakes. Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Also appologies for not bringing the wind break (van). :D

Guest MakkaPakka1

Sounds like it was a good night, sad I missed out. Hopefully see everyone for the June meeting.