• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Comet Lemmon

Guest ben72

Guest ben72

copy and pasted from the Jodrell Bank site.........

a second comet will grace our skies this May as Comet Lemmon enters our northern skies moving up to the left of Pegasus with a likely magnitude of +6.5. It will be seen in the pre-dawn sky and perhaps lost in the suns glare until later in the month when it will be seen against a darker sky, but its magnitude will have dropped to ~+8.0. On the 11th it lies just left of the lower left star of the great square moving northwards until, on the 30th, it will be close to the top left of the square just a few degrees ot the left of Alpharatz, alpha andromidai. Comet Lemmon exceeded expectations in the southern hemisphere reaching a magnitude of +4.5 in mid March and showing a slender green tail.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info but it's rather elusive for my equipment. Plus there's zero chance of me getting a photo, as I don't have a driven mount, although donations would be gratefully received.