• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Frames per second

dawson

As cameras get more advanced, and frame rate can be increased above 5, does it get easier to focus in "live view" on the laptop?

Janes

easier yes

easy - no I'm afraid

Steve

amen to that.

Focusing on a planet in a boiling sky is never going to be easy. :wallbash:

The other night i used the Bahtinov mask to focus on Spica, then went back to Saturn.

I know several people have said they don't get on with the masks, but i used that Bahtinov Grabber program so i got a real time view of how near or not my focus was. With the dual speed focuser and the new solid mount, it was relatively easy to get it pretty much spot on.

I don't know how you guys focus by eye on the laptop screen as there are so few instances when it looks sharp, it just looks out of focus ALL the time.

James

I use a Batty mask for deep sky with the DSLR but find its not so good with the DMK for planetary.