• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Zooniverse

Guest Chris_W

Guest Chris_W

Does anyone on here help with the space projects on the zooniverse site?

Has anyone tried the new space warps project? If so what do you make of it.

Seems they are rather rare to me!

I have helped out on there before but not in a long while, last thing I did was help to catalogue galaxy types.

Interesting, not seen this particular site before.

Link for those wishing to learn more about it and maybe contribute. https://www.zooniverse.org/

I'll pin this thread as I think it may be of interest.

I've done some of the Mars stuff. Not been back for a while. It amazes me that even now, the human brain is much, much better at pattern recognition than any computer system

Yes, i did some mars stuff too. I thought i'd found something really interesting but they got back to me and said it was well known about; it seems not only the whole surface is projected in the project but also repeated at different magnifications. Fascinating stuff.

I remember when i let my computer do stuff for seti, but i got fed up of it running in the back ground looking for LGM.

James

Yes, i did some mars stuff too. I thought i'd found something really interesting but they got back to me and said it was well known about; it seems not only the whole surface is projected in the project but also repeated at different magnifications. Fascinating stuff.

I remember when i let my computer do stuff for seti, but i got fed up of it running in the back ground looking for LGM.

James

Guest Meteoriot

I love that website. Although I don't get enough time to go on much now. It's nice to be able to say that my data helped contribute to the discovery of 69 new exoplanets!!