• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

OMG It's full of stars !

Guest wisewoman

Guest wisewoman

Hey there everyone.

I made it to the new board and still hoping to meet up with some of you in the not too distant future. :)

Melissa

Edited by wisewoman

Welcome Mellisa to our new home.

I'm hoping for some clear skies as well, but so far just loads of rain and clouds.

Guest BigTfromNotts

I am impressed with the site.

Good to see the familiar faces from SGL.

I take it that arrangements for meets, etc. wil be posted on here from now on.

Cheers

Tony

I am impressed with the site.

Good to see the familiar faces from SGL.

I take it that arrangements for meets, etc. wil be posted on here from now on.

Cheers

Tony

Tony I see you are not a paid up member so you have no access to the darksite forum section. As you might know anyone is welcome for a visit to our dark site and if you enjoy it, it's a good idea to pay the £20 and then you get access to both our sites plus four meetings a year and xmas dinner.

When we do have a meeting down the dark site I'll ley everyone know.

Guest BigTfromNotts

Hi Mick

I intend to be a paid up member, just waiting for the opportunity to get to the next meet with my £20 - I visited the Belper site in October and met a few members. A thoroughly nice bunch of chaps who gave me some good advice.

Cheers

Tony

Well I just made it in here too and I'm well impressed!! Looks very professional and very nicely laid out. Well done Craig, Andy, and Mick.

I'd just like to say a huge "Welcome to EMS" to everybody at this exciting time, and hope we all enjoy the site as much as we enjoy the meetings, obs sessions and socials. :)

great site guys, thanks for the effort, still finding my way around the forum areas and so on, i`m a slow learner when it comes to pc`s and stuff of that nature,

i`ll get my signature and avitar sorted soon when i find i nice picture of myself L.O.L.

Edited by red dwalf

Tony I see you are not a paid up member so you have no access to the darksite forum section. As you might know anyone is welcome for a visit to our dark site and if you enjoy it, it's a good idea to pay the £20 and then you get access to both our sites plus four meetings a year and xmas dinner.

When we do have a meeting down the dark site I'll ley everyone know.

Hi everyone.

I have been round Martyns house a few times (as we don't live far from each other) and he has mentioned the dark sites mentioned above.

if you need to pay £20 (which for the chance to meet you lot and get some top quality stargazing done) to access the dark sites forum page, how do i know when/where the next dark sites meet will be so i can cough up my dosh? Or can i pay in advance?

Regards,

Darren.

Doh, just re-read the post, missed the bit that says "When we do have a meeting down the dark site I'll ley everyone know."

Ahhhh, cheers Mick.

Really need to study the whole forum before asking stupid questions.

Looking forward to using the dark sites as my back garden does suffer with LP, but think I may need to sort out my kit first, suffer with dew all ready so God help me in the middle of knowwhere.......

Will sign up once I have my gear in order.

Thanks once again.

I found that my scope suffered dew while down the Sawley site quite a bit. There is a little stream that runs very close to the site and this of course doesn't help.