• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 (East Midlands Starparty 1)

cosmic dave

Here are the details for our own starparty its open to all EMS members, and all are very welcome to attend.

EMS1 @ Manor Farm Caravan Park, Sea Road, Anderby, Lincolnshire, main days Friday 12 & sat 13 Oct 2012

£12 per pitch per night based on two people sharing or £10 per night if your on your own, price includes electric hookup.

Please book direct with the site on 01507 490372 or by email [email protected] stating your booking the starparty to ensure you get the correct pitch. Tents and Caravans welcome.

The site has heated shower/toilet blocks, disabled toilets and bathroom plus a laundry.

We will be on the bottom field of the site with the fishing lake (this will be open to fish)

Please note this is a very dark sky area and there will be a strict red light only policy in place for the main nights to protect everybody's night vision.

Extra details.

The nearest pub is about a mile away and nearest shop is about 3 miles away. The site has no shop or facilities to change gas.

Everyone is welcome, I hope you can make it. The site is open if you want to book a few extra days call for details.

Just one more thing, if you book can you please add you name to this thread so I can keep an eye on numbers, and you can PM me for more info.

Cheers

David :)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• RonC

• catman161

• Daz Type-R

I have just sent the email also. This will be brilliant I can't wait! The wife (she will be 'the wife' by then actually Aggggh!) is coming too :)

Ha ha we will have come back from the honeymoon by then we are getting married in July!

She wants to be interested in astronomy, but in her words she "just wants to look at pretty things" :). I think that is how it will start but she has an inquisitive mind and will want to know names and then Hopefully it will snowball from there and I can get her a small refractor and then take it from there. Will have to wait and see.

Is there a limit on tent size?

Ha ha! What a great question Darren :) what have you got-a tent with a west wing?! Lol!

Sort of, it is massive, but I know Celeste has one bigger, I have got the Outwell Hartford XL, sleeps 8 and you can stand up in the thing without touching the roof, we got a carpet, wardrobe, kitchen sink............

I have a large Hartwell 2 bed rooms ,central area and front and back porch(front porch can and has been used as telescope storage and obs) and a 4 berth Khymer Freelander if anybody needs a loan

or even wants to buy either of them(they will be going cheap)

We will never use them again as Helen cannot kneel because of her knee replacements and if I want a tent I'll use the small one

Edited by Ibbo

Think tent size should not be to much of a issue, please call the site tho ! Its a big field so as we are ems maybe we could form some sort of large tent circle ? Depends on numbers I suppose.

I'll be going sharing Buckingham Palace with Daz and Craig.

I have just realised that since I have Craig and Mick stopping in my tent, I am now going to be camping with the "boss's", so need to be on my best behaviour. No late night shenanigans Mr Morgan! ;)

I have just realised that since I have Craig and Mick stopping in my tent, I am now going to be camping with the "boss's"!

:lol: There is only one "boss" in that tent, and it aint me! :D

I told the missus last night and well lets just say my house was colder then the North Pole for a little while :lol:

Thats three star parties this year.

I told the missus last night and well lets just say my house was colder then the North Pole for a little while :lol:

:lol: That's awesome!

That's why I haven't yet committed to Kelling, I need to balance the Star Parties with spending "weekends away" with the other half. :D