• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 (East Midlands Starparty 1)

cosmic dave

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• RonC

• catman161

• Daz Type-R

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring... Banana phone! :P

This was a poor attempt at a hint... They do answer the phone, my pitch is booked. ;)

This was a poor attempt at a hint... They do answer the phone, my pitch is booked. ;)

Is that "our" pitch is booked? Lol ;)

I think laid back Lincolnshire is in hibernation mode at the moment, I think the best thing to do is to call to book your pitch folks, please remember to tell them your booking for the star party :D

Edited by cosmic dave

Amazing that in this day and age you need to resort to the oldschool methods (telephone) to book something. :D

I thought everybody used email now, just shows how wrong i was :) .

I hope noone else is trying to book their summer hols via email ;) .

I don't mind phoning, It's more of a personal thing, and you can get a gauge of the other person.

With e-mails, text and so on, it's easy to get the wrong end of the stick, and misinterpret the situation.

I'll be phoning as soon as I can clear it with our office, I am on call that weekend, but it should be easy to sort out with this much notice.

Just had a quick, rough count up of numbers and we have about 12-14 people turning up, maybe a few more if partners etc come, not too bad!

That's what I'm thinking mick, tho when I first booked the site I would have been well happy with 14 !

Sounds like a plan coming together. I am actually really looking forward to it as it will be my first Star Party.

Also i must admit that it will be nice to see all the various kit that other members have and maybe have a look through some of the larger scopes if the folks dont mind :)

Too old for tenting now Mark, done my bit though over the years!! Like my home comforts too much! ha ha

Also i must admit that it will be nice to see all the various kit that other members have and maybe have a look through some of the larger scopes if the folks dont mind :)

I'm sure no one would mind, your more than welcome to look through mine.

OK we have a go, booked at work and will phone the site tomorrow! Yay!!

Nice one Martyn.