• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 (East Midlands Starparty 1)

cosmic dave

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• RonC

• catman161

• Daz Type-R

Well, no reply to any email so i phoned up this morning and booked the Friday and Saturday. So you can count me in. :D :D

Also i must admit that it will be nice to see all the various kit that other members have and maybe have a look through some of the larger scopes if the folks dont mind :)

I'm sure nobody would mind you wanting to look through their scope, it's a good bunch we have here. :D

Phoned today but got an answerphone! Will try again tomorrow if they don't ring me back!

Yeah this party seems to be really taking off, nice its for us guys, I'm thinking tho should I try and sort out a room in a local pub for talks on the saturday ?

Phoned today but got an answerphone! Will try again tomorrow if they don't ring me back!

I got exactly the same Yesterday Ron. I left a message with my number and they haven't phoned me back yet. I am beginning to think I am destined not to attend this star party :( I will keep trying!

I got exactly the same Yesterday Ron. I left a message with my number and they haven't phoned me back yet. I am beginning to think I am destined not to attend this star party :( I will keep trying!

Don`t give up Felix. It took me a couple of times to get through, but got there in the end.

Don't worry about not getting a pitch guys there is plenty of room for all (there are more pitches than ems members) like I said its closedown time over here...

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any chance someone could give me a lift with my monster 200p dob, otherwise I can't go, I can pay for your fuel :)

We are going, (must check if I've put us on the list) We also have a campervan, so there's plenty of room, if that helps.

Edited by Cazz

Strange question in know but has anyone paid for a pitch yet ?

As i said yesterday, i have booked by phone but they did say that i did not need to pay up front or leave a deposit. I would imagine everyone else that has booked would have been told the same?

Edited by oldfruit

Think a daytime trip to gib point is a must @ the star party ???

Well we had better all start doing the clear sky dance then. Lol

Well we had better all start doing the clear sky dance then. Lol