• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 (East Midlands Starparty 1)

cosmic dave

Well we had better all start doing the clear sky dance then. Lol

You go first :P

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• RonC

• catman161

• Daz Type-R

I've started already.lol The only thing I'm a bit concerned about if I'm honest is the lack of trees. Kelling is in the woods as most of you know but beacause of the floods in the 50s (when the sea came in) and the farmers there are very few trees left to mask the stray lights from the roads, on the good side is there is only two small roads anywhere near the site.

There is a tall hedge along the village roadside, if I remember correctly, and I can't imagine there would be much traffic late on anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Is everybody just booked in for the 2 nights?

Not sure why, but I thought we were there for the Friday day/night, Saturday day/night and Sunday day/night but it's just the 2 nights (Friday + Saturday)?

Craig, did you just book the 2 nights for you, Mick and me?

Guest nottsbloke

Already going to the Peak Star Party the same month, but very tempted by this as well. Just need to get a pass out from my better half or persuade her to come! Anyone going to PSP as well?

Guest Tweedledum

HI Nottsbloke,

Will be going to PSP as from here its only a short distance away,went last year for the Saturday lectures and the BBq!. Will be going for the Saturday but will stay if the conditions are good for the eve obsy sess. Did not take any kit last year and it went clear!!

Cheers

Mick, just checked back on some old pm's and we are in for the Friday and Saturday night.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm 265 miles away. Now why didn't you head north. It's nice and dark up here :)

• 1 month later...

Nice one John, you are about 2 minutes drive from me, if you need a hand carrying any gear, let me know.

Guest JohnC

Just noticed we are in the same town!!

Are you travelling up on the Friday?

It is our first star party, we usually shy away from them feeling a little intimidated by the breadth of knowledge etc of others.

But now it is time to bite the bullet :)

Hi, yeah I can drive to your house from mine in about 2 minutes!!!

Yeah, I am driving over on the Friday afternoon coming back Sunday afternoon some time.

Don't worry about being intimidated, this is my first star party too, I have only been into this hobby for 18 months or so, so it is all still very new to me, besides, I find being around more knowledable people a better way of learning.

Your more than welcome to pop round one night for a coffee if you want?

Just booked via email. On my own, will be there Friday night, working sat evening but shall return around 10:30 I suspect.

I'm gonna try phoning again. They never responded to my original emails. Did you get email confirmation at all?

I only sent it an hour ago, I don't expect a reply till monday at least.

I sent a few emails months ago and never got any replies thats all. Going to try and phone again. Every time I have phones there has been no answer.

Guest Steve

I just phoned and booked. Add me to the count - just the one body - I don't think the Management is ready for a Starparty just yet!

Guest Fluke

I've finally got around to booking (by e-mail) with Manor Farm for the Fri & Sat too!

Also just been to Decathlon and got myself a half decent tent.

Looking forward to my first star party now :)