• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 (East Midlands Starparty 1)

cosmic dave

The venue is a lovely dark site and also not far from the beach. Also as has been mentioned before, it is only about 15 or 20 mins from gibraltar point if anyone fancies visiting it? Plenty of time to make arrangements.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• RonC

• catman161

• Daz Type-R

I've just had email confirmation from them about my booking, which is apparently only £8.00 per night! :)

My wife would like to know how many ladies will be attending???

AND what about a 'bring'n'buy' type event?

Edited by Ron Clarke

I've just had email confirmation from them about my booking, which is apparently only £8.00 per night! :)

What was the email address you sent to? I will try again if you let me know the address. Thanks :)

I am gona try and get my mrs and the little uns there Ron, astro boot sound good to me,

Dont think there are any hard pitches tho....

The nearer this gets the more im looking forward to it, shall i contact the local radio to see if they want to come down and do a reoprt or whatever they call it ? its all good ems PR.

My missus won't be up for it unfortuately, it's just not to her taste. I would love to get her into it but I don't think it will happen. :(

What was the email address you sent to? I will try again if you let me know the address. Thanks :)

The one in the opening post: [email protected] got a reply in 2 days I think it was, or something like that. Maybe you caught them at a busy, or bad time before?

My mrs and the kids will be coming as long as its not to cold, I would like to have some sort of proper head count cos I aint got a clue how many are coming, lol

Guest Fluke

The one in the opening post: [email protected] got a reply in 2 days I think it was, or something like that. Maybe you caught them at a busy, or bad time before?

I sent my booking request to that email on Saturday and haven't had a reply yet either.

I'm female, not sure about being a lady though, lol, I'll be there with my as good as husband. :)

Great thanks. Will try again. :)

so who's up for the astro boot idea ? and do any traders want to attend ?

Well I've got lots of bits & bobs someone may need, tripod, 2" tubes, adaptors etc....

I am really getting cracking on this now, any ideas would be great,,,,

Guest Fluke

I thought this could be a fairly cheap & cheerful weekend - the way it's going with potential dealers and a astro boot sale it could end up far from it! ...but I like it lol

Right guys Nigel from nothern optics is going to have a small stall on the Saturday at the starparty, I have contacted a few other dealers to see if anyone else wants to do the same, I'm not planning on a load of stalls just people we know really, Now next question is there any ems members prepared to give a lecture coming ?

Guest Fluke
Right guys Nigel from nothern optics is going to have a small stall on the Saturday at the starparty, I have contacted a few other dealers to see if anyone else wants to do the same, I'm not planning on a load of stalls just people we know really, Now next question is there any ems members prepared to give a lecture coming ?

Good work Dave on getting Northern Optics to come along, I'll bring my cheque book ;)

I`ll bring the wife Dave, she is pretty good at lecturing me!! :D :D

Guest Steve

How about an imaging masterclass for us aspiring DSLR photographers? A two-parter - capturing at night and then processing the following day.

Any takers????

Guest Fluke
How about an imaging masterclass for us aspiring DSLR photographers? A two-parter - capturing at night and then processing the following day.

Any takers????

Like the sound of that!

I'm getting the word "Glider" ......

He does a fabulous talk on post processing - and is great doing a practical demo of setting up and capturing - when he's not chatting up lady boys that is lol. Check out his 3-part tutorial on "the shed" :)

Any takers????

I for one would be very interested in something like this. I t is one thing to read about it, but practical demonstrations are always the best. I would immagine there to be quite a few takers if someting like this were available on that weekend.