• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Just curious...

Craig

Who has a camera/DSLR that they use regularly (say, more than once a month) for non astro photography?

Edit: Gonna keep a tally...

• Craig
  • Mike
  • Graham
  • Mark
  • Andy
  • Leigh
  • Steve

I do, but don't use it often enough except for the odd Motorsport event or doing images of products for my website.

319_23513313916_7987_n.jpg

ford-pinto-black-box-plug-exchange--1157

I dont know if it counts as a DSLR as it has a fixed lens but I have the fine pix,

Use it all the time for bits and pieces.

The motorsport shots could be cool. I wouldn't mind going to some of those myself. I've done track days at Mallory Park.

I dont know if it counts as a DSLR as it has a fixed lens but I have the fine pix,

My bad Graham, I meant camera. A friend of mine once said, "the best camera is the one you have with you".

Me too, but i use it for taking pics of the family etc, as well as the odd astro photo, best of both worlds. At least that is how i sold the idea to the wife! :D

Me too, but i use it for taking pics of the family etc, as well as the odd astro photo, best of both worlds. At least that is how i sold the idea to the wife! :D

You're a genius then. :lol:

I do my best! :D  To be honest though. that was always the idea. A camera i could use for both. I have a Canon 1000d unmodded. Does the job, good pics of the family and not too shabby results with the astro pics either.

You can do the mods, add filters etc etc but the market place is full of options now. You can buy a modded camera and still take normal photo`s. Our choice has never been so good.

I use my Nikon D40 for everyday stuff, the wife has a compact camera and a waterproof camera.

The Canon 1000d was bought purely for astro, so I modded it.

I use DSLR for birds and chasing the macro stuff- insect season hopefully will be better this year with the macro

pity I cannot got more than the occasional good shot

Steve

• 3 months later...