• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Extra observing session Badger Farm 15th June

I'm organising an extra observing session at Badger Farm, which is a little north of Horncastle, for June 15th, 8pm onward set up.  ( weather permitting of course ! )

Not strictly an ELAC event, but I'm inviting EMS members and NLAS members.

Message me or email [email protected] for details.

A contribution of £2 would be appreciated for use of site and toilets.

Panorama of site 

badgerfarmpart2stitch_zps038cdc4f.jpg

badgerFarmpartstitch_zps74ac4939.jpg

Edited by tbird

Sorry Paul, that's the day I get back, think I'll be too knackered. Next time I'd love too. Hope it goes well and a clear sky on the night! :)

As I am unable to make our meeting this Saturday I have every intention of attending this extra meeting. :)

I hope to organise more sessions there, Colin ( foundaplanet on SGL  ) knows the owners and is organising a weekend star party there in October. 

I'll be there paul. Are any of our notts/derbys/leics friends planning a trip over to the dark side?

Mother - in - law spends a lot of time in her caravan at Horn castle - we stop over for a few nights occasionally, bit too far to travel for a meet but if the meet co-indices when we are stopping over then I am there!

Looks a good site though!

Mother - in - law spends a lot of time in her caravan at Horn castle - we stop over for a few nights occasionally, bit too far to travel for a meet but if the meet co-indices when we are stopping over then I am there!

Looks a good site though!

If you are over this way any time, let us know, I'm sure we can soon organise an additional session  :) 

Badger Farm directions http://thebasketcase.info/location.php

co-ordinates 53° 18' 26" N 0° 06' 07" W

Would any one attending, but not staying all night, please park facing away from the observing area to minimise disruption, usual dark site etiquette aplies.

Again, we are entirely at the mercy of the weather, if it doesn't look like clearing the session will be postponed to a later date.

Edited by tbird

Warm and a little breezy. We have had far worse conditions before. :D

If we set up under an umbrella we should be ok for later. :)

Edited by oldfruit

Forecast will probably change between now and then anyway so hopefully clear all night.

Just checked and it is a hard one to judge but as I said before, it could be possible that it may be clear for longer.

Anyone doing any imaging when we go?

Depends, if it looks like it will be decent I will try! 

Pfft exams, haven't had a good night in weeks this id far more important! :D

As unreliable as it is sometimes, the bbc forecast looks possibly good for tonight. Just a bit breezy but I am sure we can use the vehicles as a wind break.

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight. Im planning on getting there about 8.30 but not staying to late got a busy day planned tomorrow.

Looking at the forecast now Horncastle is cloudy all evening and louth is clear??:huh: