• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

2 Panel mosaic of the Veil.

Graham

Had another go at this but with the Atik this time.

Due to work I can only manage a couple of hours a night so this is more of an experiment to see if it would work.

Helios 127mm Frac

Atik 314 L

8 x 600 second subs on each panel.

21 Flats

21 Bias

Stacked each set in DSS

Loaded the 2 autosaves into PS 6 to crop the edges and adjust so the backgrounds were the same colour.

Saved both Panels and stiched them together in ICE, saved the result as a TIF.

Loaded TIF back into PS 6 and processed.

Not too bad a result considering the lack of time.

VEIL-NEB-ICE.jpg

Graham you are certainly pulling a lot of detail from your images, despite short exposure times etc. Loving the detail. Keep em coming.

Thanks for sharing Graham.

Especially interesting is the fact you stitched with ICE. I've been looking at software for deep sky mosaic work and free is obviously better if it does the job.

I was a bit :o at the cost of RegiStar so I'll try ICE  PixInsight has a mosaic script so I'll be using that when I have a few panels.

Regards.

Edited by Antares_Paul

Graham you are certainly pulling a lot of detail from your images, despite short exposure times etc. Loving the detail. Keep em coming.

Thanks Mark,

I do my best :lol:

Thanks for sharing Graham.

Especially interesting is the fact you stitched with ICE. I've been looking at software for deep sky mosaic work and free is obviously better if it does the job.

I was a bit :o at the cost of RegiStar so I'll try ICE when I have a few panels.

Regards.

Paul I have used ICE on a 30 panel Mosaic of the moon so it is pretty good for a free one.

The only thing you need to remember to do is gently crop the edges of each panel to remove the stacking artifacts before you stitch them together.

By doing this you will remove the 'joint lines' .

I also keep all the panels as 'TIF' files so I can then put the completed mosaic back into Photoshop to do the processing.

Thanks Sheila

Things should improve when the new kit gets here ;):frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Thanks Sheila

Things should improve when the new kit gets here ;):frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:D :D  should match up well as they are old friends