• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Whats on your list to see......

Doc

Just wondering what object in the night sky are you most wanting to view, whats your desire at the moment?

I'm hoping to complete the Messier list this year, I have the following left:

M4

M6

M7

M9

M19

M21

M30

M54

M55

M62

M68

M69

M70

M79

M83

M93

M107

M31, M37, M38, M42, M43, M44 and M44 so far. Hoping the skies stay clear for tomorrow so I can find a couple more. :)

Felix if you saw M31 I bet you saw M32 and maybe a hint of M110, as they are all in the same field of view.

I looked for them doc but due to all the light pollution (I live in an extremely brightly lit area) even M31 is difficult to make out from my back yard :(

Oh well keep trying Felix.

I intend to :) I won't stop until I have found all 110! Then I will probably start trying to photograph them and then I will sell my house to fund it ;)

Quickly saw the Eskimo nebula last weekend and really want to spend some time having a good look at it!

Andromeda Galaxy

You can see that with your eyes on a nice clear night eddy in a dark place , Defo with bins too. see you tomoro :)

You can see that with your eyes on a nice clear night eddy in a dark place , Defo with bins too. see you tomoro :)

The dark place is the tricky bit, I can barely see any stars East because thats the direct loads of street lights are from my garden :( But yup hopefully will see it tomorrow, a lot of people have offered to show me it

The dark place is the tricky bit, I can barely see any stars East because thats the direct loads of street lights are from my garden :( But yup hopefully will see it tomorrow, a lot of people have offered to show me it

You will be knocked of your feet when you see a proper dark sky Eddy.

I don't think we'll get to see much tomorrow eddy. Weather Forecast not looking good. Am looking forward tithe talks from all the experts though, will be a good night whatever happens I think.

So far I have only managed M31, M42, M45, Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter. I have seen a few doubles and the ring nebula round at Baz's house but they don't count as they were not on my scope :) . I really want to see M51 and the others round the "plough", they are my next targets.

M51 can be very tricky Daz, look for two really dim fuzzy cores, but it is a tricky one. Another tricky one near M51 is M101, this is large but has a surface brightness of mag 14.9 so extremely dim.

M51 in a 200P/CG5GT Goto was awesome - the longer you look the more you see - but it was totally pitch black - you do need a dark site :)

Yes a dark site not a garden in Hucknall

There's still hope then, might see me down the dark sites a bit more often.....