• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

150mm refractor on a eq5 goto

Guest johnrsvr

I've seen one or two of these at Kelling over the last few years. Carole (on sgl) used to have one and she liked it but I never got to look through it yet. She used it on a CG5GT Goto for years and allways said she'd prefer it on HEQ5 or EQ6 for accuracy improvements. There's a review of it here wich sounds about right :

http://www.firstligh...ar-150-ota.html

I bet these make a very reasomable second hand purchase along with a fringe killer and big mount - wouldn't mind experimenting with one myself if I was flush :)

Guest johnrsvr

cheers kim. iv been reading and looking at all combinations of scopes and mounts for days. i think i will stick to my original choice.and wait for stock.

C8 SGT on a GOTO CG5.

cheers for all your help

john

Guest Kheldar

cheers kim. iv been reading and looking at all combinations of scopes and mounts for days. i think i will stick to my original choice.and wait for stock.

C8 SGT on a GOTO CG5.

cheers for all your help

john

I do hope that's a CG5-GT? The vanilla CG5 will fall over with that much weight on it ...