• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

National Space Centre

dawson

I would say if there's less than 15 of us then 10:30 sounds a good time to me, if more than 15 it would depend if we do the group booking as I think there is some form of reception so that may have some impact on the time to meet?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dawson

• Tibbz2

• Perkil8r

• catman161

We could take a load of blow up dummies, and make it look like there were 15 of us; it might be difficult to distinguish astrodamian from a blow up dummy though :) but i suspect the conversation from the dummy would be more interesting :)

I'd pay £200 to be strapped to Felix for 60 seconds!

Where do I sign up?

;)

Unfortunately for you James I am no tandem master. You need 800 jumps and 40 hours free fall to even go on the training to become one of those. I have just under 2.5 hours free fall so far. So you will have to be strapped To one of the old boys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Stuff that! We could just pretend we were jumping out of a plane, like a dress rehersal. It would be fun! Hahah :)

Guest devil74

So 20th it is then boys and girls (and James). I'm ok for meeting at 10.30...J is picking me up anyway so i'm sorted ;)  

If that's Aug 20th then all being well I should be able to make it - will meet you all down there at 10:30 outside the entrance. :)

LOL - nope - but if you're interested to see some in the flesh you'd be welcome to drop by my place after the outing. :)

If that's Aug 20th then all being well I should be able to make it - will meet you all down there at 10:30 outside the entrance. :)

Awesome :)

10.30 it is then!

Would love to join you all in my home town, but I'll be on my honeymoon, lounging in the hot tub;-)

Would love to join you all but alas am working :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

We've now booked tickets for this trip on Tuesday 20th August. If anyone else wants to come along, we are booked into the planetarium for the 11:50 showing if you want to join us.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful day, thanks to all who attended.

The planetarium was amazing, I want one.

The astronaut training was rigorous, and I'm sure my back will be sore later. It was comical that the result of my training resulted in me becoming the Medical Office, lol:

http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/jamesdawson/media/Untitled_zpsbe3766f5.jpg.html

And Tibbz, don't tell anyone we cheated with the crane and shoveling moon rocks :)

James

Wonderful day, thanks to all who attended.

The planetarium was amazing, I want one.

The astronaut training was rigorous, and I'm sure my back will be sore later. It was comical that the result of my training resulted in me becoming the Medical Office, lol:

http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/jamesdawson/media/Untitled_zpsbe3766f5.jpg.html

And Tibbz, don't tell anyone we cheated with the crane and shoveling moon rocks :)

James

Cheated shoveling moon rocks ?????

I hope you didn't interfere with the weighing equipment we supplied !!!!!

Glad you all had a good day  :D