• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SGL9 Dates Confirmed : April 3rd to 6th 2014

Guest Kheldar

i think we had to book ourselves on the FLO site at some ridiculous time before they all sold and put we were EMS so we got pitches together i seem to

remember.   was not able to book at the time and some else did it for me???

Guest Kheldar

You will all be responsible for purchasing your own pitches when the booking opens - I will ask Daz nicely if he will put us all together. Usual caveat applies, put EMS in the comments when you order :)

ahh yes i remember now, wasn`t able to book it myself on the day, had to get Noel to sit by the computer and do it for us, i know they sold out fairly quickly

Guest Kheldar

Is this insider info Stephen cos I cant see a notice up in sgl at themo, I presume booking will open later this year

No there is an official announcement, I had to reset the notifications (top of main page, should be a reset button) and then it appears with link to info page

Thanks for that, I can see that using your link but I have no reset button and cant see this even if I do a search for SGL9, weird that

Also, I don't stand a chance of booking on the sunday because I will be at Kelling on the Sunday and Monday with no tinternet access. Im sure I wont be the only one to bring that up either, good planning that :)

Thanks for that, I can see that using your link but I have no reset button and cant see this even if I do a search for SGL9, weird that

Also, I don't stand a chance of booking on the sunday because I will be at Kelling on the Sunday and Monday with no tinternet access. Im sure I wont be the only one to bring that up either good planning that :)

Exactly the same for me Phil as well on the site, and kelling, although i may have internet access..... we will have to chat up someone to do it for us :)

Edited by Sheila

Guest Kheldar

I jumped the gun a little bit and have mentioned the booking date :blush: Just consider this an announcement of the party dates :)

Guest Kheldar

Booking date moved to the 13th :) If you can't see the announcement of the dates on the main SGL page, you should be able to see it this afternoon ....

To re-itterate

Party dates : 3rd to 6th April 2014

Booking date : 13th October 2013

Edited by Kheldar

• 2 months later...

Just a quick one

Can someone explain the booking system for SGL9 :wacko:

I guess its on a first come, first served but is EMS together or is it grab a pitch as and when it goes live :o

Just would like to know what to do will clear diary for the day it goes live so I can book

Cheers

Allan

Guest Kheldar

Just a quick one

Can someone explain the booking system for SGL9 :wacko:

I guess its on a first come, first served but is EMS together or is it grab a pitch as and when it goes live :o

Just would like to know what to do will clear diary for the day it goes live so I can book

Cheers

Allan

You don't book a "pitch" for SGL, you book a "place" and yes it's first come first served.

Bookings are handled through FLO's website.

Once all the bookings are in, SGL admin put people on "pitches" and let them know where they are.

As a favour to us, SGL admin try to put us all together (putting EMS in the comments at checkout helps with that) :)

Edited by Kheldar

Oh so you book on FLO site not calling up??

sorry new to this

Any idea when it goes live?

Guest Kheldar

Oh so you book on FLO site not calling up??

sorry new to this

Any idea when it goes live?

Correct and end of the month (ish) :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.