• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SGL9 Dates Confirmed : April 3rd to 6th 2014

Guest Kheldar

• 4 months later...

Anybody had confirmation off FLO / SGL yet about if they have a pitch?

Only 42 days to go.....

(not that I`m counting).

:facepalm:

Only 42 days to go.....

(not that I`m counting).

you will probably be swimming not counting :lol:

you will probably be swimming not counting :lol:

Thats ok, I was planning on raising myself above the flood water with your new mount!

Guest Kheldar

Only 42 days to go.....

(not that I`m counting).

Why is there even a question you don't have a pitch?! :confused:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/205893-bookings-update-20th-jan-2014/

Whether there is a camp site is a different matter ... :ladyshock:

Edited by Kheldar

This is why I never go to campsites next to a river lol :)

(also cos scopes get dewed up pretty quick with so much water nearby)

Why is there even a question you don't have a pitch?! :confused:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/205893-bookings-update-20th-jan-2014/

Whether there is a camp site is a different matter ... :ladyshock:

It says I don't have permission to view that.

I thought we got confirmation that's all and i have not got anything.

Guest Kheldar

It says I don't have permission to view that.

I thought we got confirmation that's all and i have not got anything.

Ah OK, I'd file a bug report then in the bug section - no, there's no confirmation email, just the post

Guest Kheldar

It doesnt look good on the Environment Agency flood map for that area. Last week the campsite was in the flood.

Indeed, it's not great at the moment but what I do know is the campsite is not flooded - surface water but it's on the high side of the river.

We're hoping the rain settles down a bit and gives it chance to drain .... 42 days as Daz says :)

Looks like I'm out whatever the weather - family wedding on the Saturday & Deb says of course I'm going! Why did they have to pick that weekend?  :angry:

Don't feel like I want to to go there & back twice. 

Looks like I'm out whatever the weather - family wedding on the Saturday & Deb says of course I'm going! Why did they have to pick that weekend?  :angry:

Don't feel like I want to to go there & back twice. 

Dave sorry to hear your not able to go to SGL9 would it be possible  only if your not able to go and see if FLO can swap our pitches.

I have the pitch next to you and it appears I'm a little out of the EMS grouping not that I mind but it would nice to be a bit more in the group rather than on the fringes

Sorry to ask and if you decided the wedding is a no go and you're able to go please disregard my request

Not sure how it would work or if you're going to sell your pitch which would possibly  add to any confusing that may come with swapping pitches please let me know

thanks Dave and sorry you're not able to make it this year

Many thanks Allan

Guest Kheldar

For changes of pitches please talk to SGL daz

Also remember there is a waiting list, if you wish to give you pitch up, please also advise daz who will be able to refund and reallocate

Yes - don't forget it's a private star party "by SGL invite only", so all pitch allocations have to go through Daz. All the camping and touring pitch bookings have been handed over by the campsite to SGL for that period - and closed to the public - the site won't take bookings from the public.

It's not like Kelling which is a public camp site where you're responsible for booking your own pitch with them. So long as a pitch is sold they don't mind who turns up or which pitches are transferred to who. :)

OK, I have cancelled my pitch at SGL9 and Allan the Plumber will be moving into it to be with the in-crowd.

That leaves a free space where Alan used to be - I don't know if there is a waiting list but if anyone else fancies going probably best to PM Daz (SGL admin) to register your interest. Should be worth it as I can now guarentee good weather for SGL9!

I know FLO are there at SGL9, do they sell stuff and if so, is it reduced like at Kelling and do they have pretty much everything on offer?

Cheers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.