• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

ELAC has a new home

cosmic dave

Elac meeting's will now be held at badger farm Lincolnshire. We have had the go ahead from the site manager to use the site for all meetings we also have the use of the building onsite to use as a warm room/kitchen. This is a massive step forward for us, all ems member's are very welcome use the site.

Thanks very much for sorting this paul :D

What a great site it is too. Clear horizons almost all around and the skies are absolutely breath taking. I spent 2 nights there last weekend and I was amazed at the Milyway and the skies in general. Thanks Paul. Looking forward to more visits to our new dark site. :2thumbsup:

The site is opposite the car parks for Red Hill nature reserve, Badger Farm, Asterby, Louth, Lincolnshire LN11 9UF.

Do not follow sat nav directions to the postcode, you end up a mile down the road, instead look for the brown nature reserve signs.

Directions here :  http://thebasketcase.info/location.php

Edited by tbird

The site is opposite the car parks for Red Hill nature reserve, Badger Farm, Asterby, Louth, Lincolnshire LN11 9UF.

Do not follow sat nav directions to the postcode, you end up a mile down the road, instead look for the brown nature reserve signs.

Directions here : http://thebasketcase.info/location.php

I got lost sat night, Ended up on louth bypass and had to go the Mablethorpe route home doh guess im not used to such late nights. Lol

I got lost sat night, Ended up on louth bypass and had to go the Mablethorpe route home doh guess im not used to such late nights. Lol

:lol: Yeah, you normally go home before it gets dark Dave. :D

Elac meeting's will now be held at badger farm Lincolnshire. We have had the go ahead from the site manager to use the site for all meetings we also have the use of the building onsite to use as a warm room/kitchen. This is a massive step forward for us, all ems member's are very welcome use the site.

Thanks very much for sorting this paul :D

Can non ELAC EMS people use the site? It sounds breath-takingly good.

James

That is what it says James, open to all EMS members. ;)

Sorry, missed that bit, was watching masterchef at the same time; i'm not good at mulit-media multi-tasking :)

Is it a venue one could just turn up to for observing, or does it need booking? Is it clear where one goes to observe?

James

:lol: Yeah, you normally go home before it gets dark Dave. :D

I wouldn't go that far but I do like my sleep. :lol:

Great site, enjoyed my first visit last weekend, nearer to me than I thought!

Also look forward to the coming meetings there in the future! :)

Thanks Paul for your time and energy getting it sorted for us!!

That's good news. Looking forward to going again and get some longer observing sessions.

Thanks Paul for getting it sorted for us.

Dave

• 1 month later...

I assume that the meets still go ahead when its cloudy..

Yes they do Col, i think it has only been cancelled once due to really heavy rain. Also now we have moved to Badger Farm we have somewhere to shelter if the weather is poor and can still chat and have a brew. Even do some astro imaging talks etc if we take along a laptop etc.

What time do we meet up please...

Usually nearer the time we post on here what time we intend to meet up. It is also posted on Facebook. I think Dave posted on there already that it will be about 7pm this Saturday.