• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi people,

Guest Dick-The-Druid

Guest Dick-The-Druid

Thought I would Join in.... I may not say much - not an avid typee talkist - but will keep an eye on any meets I can attend..... :)

D T D

Hi and welcome. I've got the 127 Mak, it was my first adult telescope. its still in the garage but now i've got a 180 mak. I keep meaning to make a decision about what to do with the 127. I don't want to end up like Kim with a house full of telescopes and kit haha :)

Look forward to seeing you at Belper sometime.

James

Hi Rich, a warm welcome to EMS.

Keep an eye on the announcements section, as meets can be arranged and cancelled at short notice. You would be very welcome to come along and say hello, and bring the TAL, ( if you can of course )  I would love a squint through that.

In the meantime, enjoy the forum. :)

Guest Ely Ellis

Hi Rich,

Welcome from me too.

I'm over in South Normanton if you wish have a chat or a meet some tiime.

Cheers

Martin

Guest Dick-The-Druid

Thanks to all for the welcome!!

May take you up on the offer some time martin - not far from where i work... Are there any darkish spots around there - don't get time to look when I am scuttling along with the rest of the rat race!!

Guest Dick-The-Druid

By the way Doc... Re the name tis a bit of a laugh all came about cos I always have a tot of the good stuff at winter solstice ( celebrating the fact that the little planet has made it around the big yellow thing one more time).... and as i always say at the start of any of my lectures (to adults) it is just a name --- not a request :D  You'll get used to my sense of humour....or lack of it!

Guest Ely Ellis

Hi Rich,

Asuming then that you live in Chesterfield and work in Pinxton.

Either way, your not far from me.

I used to live in Chesterfield and I am up that way quite offten.

Give me a shout if you fancy a chat.

Cheers

Martin