• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

My e-m5 mk ii and OM10 :)

image_zpsquusucnj.jpeg

Edited by Daz Type-R
We currently have a issue with Photobucket attachments - I have amended the post to insert the picture.

A beautiful and lavishly illustrated book from The Works for just a fiver. £20 on Amazon and I can't see why it should have two 2 star reviews. It has a full 5 stars on goodreads.com, and I would say it is well worth £20 :)...

Murdin.jpg

Edited by Tweedledee

Hi guys I'm back. I kept my distance from the forum because I was changing my mind every 2 seconds as to what I wanted. So a made decision and stuck with it. Finally managed to buy myself a small setup.

Skywatcher Evostar 100 ED DS Pro With 0.85x Focal Reducer OTA comes with a 28mm sw eyepiece.

Skywatcher AZ-EQ5GT Alt Az / Equatorial GOTO Mount & Pier Tripod.

Baader Hyperion 13mm  modular eyepiece and the fine tuning rings.

t ring for my Sony a6000.

just got to learn how to use it all now. Managed to set up in az mode and view Jupiter Monday night. What can I say but WOW. I have never looked at any planet through a scope before. I finally seen Jupiters bands with my own eyes and her moons.

Tues night I even managed to photograph Jupiter. They didn't turn out as good as I hoped but it's a 1st.

the 1st photo shows the moons with Jupiter burnt out. The 2nd shows the bands but no moons.

if any body around Arnold way has a skywatchers az eq 5 mount and knows how to set the eq mode up I would like to shown how to set mine up. The instructions are vague at best.

also can anybody tell me how to put my setup on the bottom of each post I can't see how to do it.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Very nice set up Darren and welcome back. :)

I just got a used Skywatcher Star Adventurer - bit of an imaging downsize rig lol 

I have just ordered a Solarscope SF-70 Solar Filter 70mm system from the people from the Isle Of Man, Fitting it to Altair Lightwave 72mm F6 ED APO refractor , The said I should have it in 3weeks

• Like 2

On Monday, April 04, 2016 at 11:31, M. said:

My e-m5 mk ii and OM10 :)

image_zpsquusucnj.jpeg

You will love the Em5 Martin. Ive had the Em10 mk1 for 2 years now and I Love It, I

I shall continue in a new post as my tablet goes daft when I use the quote function on this forum.

The in camera image stabilisation is what sold that camera for me and alot of other users but when you bolt it to your scope, turn the IS off. Ive used the em10 on lunar and solar and its very easy to use. Not done dso yet but low light performance is good

Last of the big spenders me.........

:rofl:

Just purchased some Baader wonder fluid and the cloth that goes with it.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

I have just ordered a Solarscope SF-70 Solar Filter 70mm system from the people from the Isle Of Man, Fitting it to Altair Lightwave 72mm F6 ED APO refractor , The said I should have it in 3weeks

Just in time for the transit event Stephen !!  :2thumbsup::telescope:

Hope full Rob to see the transit with it other wise will use my Lunt 60mm 1200 double stacked which I shall be selling when I get the new one.

Edited by Stephen

Well I'm downsizing (that's what oldies do I'm told!) Sold the \Avalon and just bought an iOptron iEQ45 Pro from AA - should arrive this week sometime....

Francis

Congrats Francis - doing the same myself with downsizing. I've been looking at the Ioptrons and will be interested to see your results with it. :)

Thanks Kim, Just purchased a new SX Trius 825, filter wheel and filters from Ian King (good deals at the moment). So once all the bits arrive expect more rain, clouds and anything but clear skies for a while! (Just normal life in Devon lately!)

Edited by fwm891
spelling mistakes and no red pen...

Baader Multi Purpose Coma Correktor MPCC Mark III.

Already have the Altair Astro Photo-Visual coma corrector, but that also acts as a 1.1x barlow, therefore reducing maximum true FOV. The new Baader Mk3 has zero amplification factor, so will retain the maximum true FOV, has a large clear aperture, and has very good reviews :)

10 hours ago, Brantuk said:

Nice one Pete - good with your dob I imagine? :)

Nah - that's for the ST120 :D :P

I bought one years ago for use with the 16" dob Pete. 

I cannot remember the outcome but I sold it pretty quick so couldn't have been that good with the dob.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I bought one years ago for use with the 16" dob Pete. 

I cannot remember the outcome but I sold it pretty quick so couldn't have been that good with the dob.

Was yours the mark II Mick?

I think the mark III has only been out for a couple of years, and the reports I've read say it is an improvement over previous versions and does a great job.

I'm hoping to steer clear of the 3" tunable Paracorr - have you seen the price of those :o

I really cannot remember Pete my memory is getting terrible. And yes I've looked at those paracorr's for 3" focusers you need a mortgage for one of those.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I really cannot remember Pete my memory is getting terrible. And yes I've looked at those paracorr's for 3" focusers you need a mortgage for one of those.

At least the 3" Big Paracorr might dual up as a large coffee mug as well. Probably not water/coffee proof though :D

BIGParacorrType-2_and_With-EP.jpg

Just ordered a Fotomate VT-680-222R tripod for the SW Star Adventurer mount that I bought second hand a couple of weeks ago. It's an uncanny little feature rich mount - but does need a stable platform. The mount/tripod will also handle a small scope, solar scope, and any bins I throw at it. Downsizing can be fun after all - I think.... :wacko: