• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

You could have kept us guessing a bit more by naming your Flickr image something other than C9.25 Rob. ;)

Still excited to see it out of the box though. :thumbsup:

The white is the undercoat/sealer Stephen, it's actually gonna be the nearest I can get to Moonlite focuser Red, and I will try and shine it up as best I can to a nice glossy finish. I may varnish and/or polish over the red to achieve the end result. :)

(I'm hoping it'll look nice with a red rocker box, white top box, and black shroud along with all the black accessories and red focuser)

Edited by Brantuk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Kim has one too, i think ?

Yup I have one too Rob - it's to replace the CPC925 which I'm going to sell. Very nice purchase. :)

I recommend a Feathertouch D/S focuser, and raci for a couple of very useful mods.

Edited by Brantuk

Same as mine. It's a great scope. I Love how FLO put a sticker on the box 'may contain clouds'  :) . They was right, bought mine in march and I have used it 4 times, cloud , more cloud, full moon, working nightshift. Hope its clear next weekend for you (and the handful of us going to lucksall).

Very sorry to hear about your father Rob.

Edited by newtyng5

Thanks for that Rob.

I'm about the same this year : clouds or work always get in the way of my astronomy aspirations....:(

21 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Doh.........:screwloose:

I guess you all know the state of my IT skills.....? :lol:

Anyway......always wanted one of these, and it was an offer i couldn't refuse.

I like FLOs sense of humour with the 'may contain clouds' sticker !!

My dad passed away last month, and left me a bit of money, so i decided this could be a final Christmas present from him.

Its the standard SCT, not the flatfield 'Edge' version.

I can never understand why the Edge version is more than double the cost of the standard tube in 9.25 size ?

I had a look at Daves at my last visit to Belper, and was very impressed with the views. Kim has one too, i think ?

I have one or two mods to carry out with it as well.

The scope is pretty bare bones, and the supplied eyepiece, diagonal and finder all leave a lot to be desired.

The plan is to use it for visual on my DM6. I have an Binoviewer set-up ready to use in an optimum configuration which should provide nice views.

I also plan to try a bit of imaging as well. Lunar firstly, then Jupiter & Mars next year.

So, to do that, i obviously need to think about mounting options as well, ideally keeping to Alt-Az parameters.

Couple more pics...

37463175616_214f0a2142_c.jpg36801092614_0b4ea12255_c.jpg37480137462_b807ffee26_c.jpg

use binoviewers with the scope and the views are amazing

• Like 2

Purchased the required components to make what has been called an "Anti Mother Hubbard Device" by a friend on facebook. In simple terms a 240v ac - 12v dc, 5A power supply that I plug into a splitter to power the NEQ6, CCD, Filter wheel and dew controller. I've built it, tested it and it works. No more cigarette lighter plugs, instead it uses 2.5mm DC Jacks. I've also made up a link cable from the battery box to the "AMHD" for when sparks aren't available in the 240v ac format.

22279687_10155735039208917_7794365575528

£64 worth of bits.

22279690_10155735429543917_8144332530733

Anti Mother Hubbard Device. (I will be making a label for it!)

I also had to cut off the cigarette lighter plugs off the cables and replace them with 2.5mm jacks. The 5A supply is just enough when everything is running and has an overload cut out so if anything goes wrong it should shut down. The only rub is it has a bright blue LED on it but that's nothing a bit of tape won't fix.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Perkil8r said:

Purchased the required components to make what has been called an "Anti Mother Hubbard Device" by a friend on facebook. In simple terms a 240v ac - 12v dc, 5A power supply that I plug into a splitter to power the NEQ6, CCD, Filter wheel and dew controller. I've built it, tested it and it works. No more cigarette lighter plugs, instead it uses 2.5mm DC Jacks. I've also made up a link cable from the battery box to the "AMHD" for when sparks aren't available in the 240v ac format.

22279687_10155735039208917_7794365575528

£64 worth of bits.

22279690_10155735429543917_8144332530733

Anti Mother Hubbard Device. (I will be making a label for it!)

I also had to cut off the cigarette lighter plugs off the cables and replace them with 2.5mm jacks. The 5A supply is just enough when everything is running and has an overload cut out so if anything goes wrong it should shut down. The only rub is it has a bright blue LED on it but that's nothing a bit of tape won't fix.

Nice idea looking good ??

Hear from my dentist a good read ,he drives a tesla gorgeous car stupidly fast ,so fast his mates with ferraris and such like fast cars cant touch it 0-60 =2.5 sec bought on his accountants advice 

elon musk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased this little beauty. 120mm of glass. Happy days. Sadly this does mean I have to lose the 200p but :strut:

22730288_10155778612903917_7050781451684

• Like 3

That's a good looking scope, gonna need another box!

Shame you have to let the 200P go, what about making a Dob base for it so you can do a bit of visual?

Have one of those scopes myself Mike. 

You will not be disappointed they are a great scope. 

The problem is storage Martyn. I'd love to keep the 200p being my first scope but I need room plus it will release some equity for a bigger purchase I have in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still very tempted by the Saturn V which is now back in stock but I'm not sure I can justify it, especially considering I am trying to save for a Lunt and a Tak! Just nobody tell Jude for goodness sake!