• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Got all my wheels, tracks screws etc,, hope to have the obsy movable over the Xmas holiday, (weather permitting!!)

Also got Patrick Moores 2012 astronomy yearbook (but not till Xmas day of course!)

My Tal 3x arrived today :) now just need a clear sky (read clear head :lol:)

Had 1 and a half bottles of wine and it clears outside...pfft!! :unsure:

Guest AstronomyShed

Couple of recommends for purchases I made recently, firstly, astro table, it's light, it's aluminium, the top is some kind of laminate, it's definitely steady enough and the top is silver, meaning all your kit shows up on it in the dark, it looks bigger on the pic than it really is ;-

table.png

The table is here :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270875711896#ht_3031wt_1396

Next up, this is an absolute godsend and dirt cheap! If you're so inclined you could replace the leds with red ones, it has two leds and the switch is 3 position, off, 1 led, 2 leds. it's VERY directional and clipped onto a laptop it illuminates the keyboard beautifully. :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280708922540?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3927wt_905

Guest AstronomyShed

ROFL, you put a barbeque on it!!!!! And you're surprised it burnt? It would have caused me great amusement too I'm still laughing whilst typing this! It's a great table for outside with lappy and all the gubbins on though, and i'm really made up with the light, absolutely perfect for the purpose.

Edited by AstronomyShed

it was,

the first time he set fire to it using one of those throw away bbq`s, the flames almost spread and set fire to a caravan awning.

he`ll kill me when he sees me L.O.L.

we were all alittle tipsy though

That was the first time then I done it again the next year, Dion the table is indestructible, built to last.

And I agree the beer and wine was flowing like a river.

We love our iPad 2. Hope you enjoy yours Craig.

We got ours shortly after they came out and use it loads most days.

Star Walk and Solar System and great apps.

I'm just finishing reading the ebook version of Wonders of the Solar System on it :))

Di impressed me last night - she got her Ipad controlling the laptop - making remote telescope and camera control possible. All I need now is the observatory lol :)

Just got a battery trickle charger (thanks Martyn), a red/white LED head torch (thanks Martyn), some socks (a gift, thanks Martyn!) and collected my 2" Revelation ED Barlow (thanks Rob!).

Not bad for a night out. :D

I bought a 17mm Nagler from Green Witch as the second hand one I was after did not materialise, A Maplins flight case and am going to order a 2" Powermate 2x tomorrow. That is it then until this time next year.