• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

11 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

TEC 140 FL apo refractor. (from Golden, Colorado USA)

13 month wait for this ?

A long time to be without a refractor, but hopefully worth the wait.

48683790313_1a74f52d32_h.jpg

Very nice rob  very shiny shiny ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought another intervalometer. I haven't yet tried leaving it outside to hunt for meteors but it's nice to use it as a remote shutter release. It wasn't a good photo but I snapped the Galilean Moons the other day.

• 3 weeks later...

Incoming camera after deciding i needed a newer camera that was a step up from the trusty  canon 1000D and originally had a 600D in mind but Kev through up a nikon and after a good look around seems he was correct with info going by what i have seen ,even managed to find astrobin image taken with same refractor but rebranded Meade ,24 million pixel and also apparently doesnt have an anti alaising filter what ever that is but seems astro community like that it doesn't have it anyway ,so managed to find a used one on camera jungle(jessops ) in excellent condition £280 no idea on clicks though but given it is shiny new and if it had a massive count i would send back ,now other sites selling used good conditions with under 10k for £279 so hopefully this will be ok .Heads up , Canon 1000D with IR removed (nice entry level astro camera ) will be up for sale shortly once all things working on nikon ,also beware do not confuse 3500 with 5300 as that one is no good for astro .

Annotation 2019-10-05 174028

I wish the weather was better to give the Pentax zoom a good field test with my ED80. It balances beautifully on an AZ5 in a Baader dielectric diagonal.

"Scope Tent' has arrived. Decent price : only paid £33 delivered. Thanks to Steve for the recommendation 👍

The Dob will be residing inside (hopefully) for the EMS5 trip next weekend.

I must remember to take a Birmingham screwdriver with me to peg it down.

48897710296_f71a7fd74d_z.jpg

Edited by Bino-viewer

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nightspore said:

M7CKFPb.jpg

Baader-Zeiss Amici (15mm T2 spacer ring). 

SaOXGaM.jpg

You'll love that. Mine is fantastic with my little zeiss. Just a shame they can't give you the nose piece with it at least!  Really nice for luna, I can now finally follow my moon atlas😉

Edited by tuckstar

20 hours ago, tuckstar said:

You'll love that. Mine is fantastic with my little zeiss. Just a shame they can't give you the nose piece with it at least!  Really nice for luna, I can now finally follow my moon atlas😉

I've already looked at the Moon with it. It's very high quality. I'm OK with an inverted Newtonian view of the Moon, but mirror-reversed does my head in lol. 

2 hours ago, tuckstar said:

I did as well😉

Yeah, I want my Delos, Panoptics and DeLite held in safely!

Edited by Nightspore

2 hours ago, Nightspore said:

Yeah, I want my Delos, Panoptics and DeLite held in safely!

Clavè for me but the sentiment is the same.

9 minutes ago, tuckstar said:

Clavè for me but the sentiment is the same.

The single screw isn't bad, but the clicklock should be far better.

I have the same one (i think ?) and i'm also impressed with it.

Despite it taking up a lot of lightpath with the binoviewer i can still focus natively with it.

Baader make some lovely gear, there's no doubt.

47 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

I have the same one (i think ?) and i'm also impressed with it.

Despite it taking up a lot of lightpath with the binoviewer i can still focus natively with it.

Baader make some lovely gear, there's no doubt.

It's very adaptable. I ordered a 2" Baader Amici a few weeks ago, it's taking its time. I think they're must be still making it lol.