We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Kheldar

Latest Purchases

Bottletopburly
11 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

TEC 140 FL apo refractor. (from Golden, Colorado USA)

13 month wait for this ?

A long time to be without a refractor, but hopefully worth the wait.

48683790313_1a74f52d32_h.jpg

Very nice rob  very shiny shiny ??

Derbyshire Dave

WOW Rob, bet you can't wait to get to Kelling.......

Brantuk

Very nice..... very very nice...... too nice lol. Congrats! ?

Edited by Brantuk

Sunny Phil

I have bought another intervalometer. I haven't yet tried leaving it outside to hunt for meteors but it's nice to use it as a remote shutter release. It wasn't a good photo but I snapped the Galilean Moons the other day.

Bottletopburly

Incoming camera after deciding i needed a newer camera that was a step up from the trusty  canon 1000D and originally had a 600D in mind but Kev through up a nikon and after a good look around seems he was correct with info going by what i have seen ,even managed to find astrobin image taken with same refractor but rebranded Meade ,24 million pixel and also apparently doesnt have an anti alaising filter what ever that is but seems astro community like that it doesn't have it anyway ,so managed to find a used one on camera jungle(jessops ) in excellent condition £280 no idea on clicks though but given it is shiny new and if it had a massive count i would send back ,now other sites selling used good conditions with under 10k for £279 so hopefully this will be ok .Heads up , Canon 1000D with IR removed (nice entry level astro camera ) will be up for sale shortly once all things working on nikon ,also beware do not confuse 3500 with 5300 as that one is no good for astro .

Annotation 2019-10-05 174028

Nightspore

I wish the weather was better to give the Pentax zoom a good field test with my ED80. It balances beautifully on an AZ5 in a Baader dielectric diagonal.

Bino-viewer

"Scope Tent' has arrived. Decent price : only paid £33 delivered. Thanks to Steve for the recommendation 👍

The Dob will be residing inside (hopefully) for the EMS5 trip next weekend.

I must remember to take a Birmingham screwdriver with me to peg it down.

48897710296_f71a7fd74d_z.jpg

Edited by Bino-viewer