• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tuckstar said:

I'm sure i thought I had enough, but, oh well.

Nice pair! You can never have enough EP's lol.

18 hours ago, Nightspore said:

Nice pair! You can never have enough EP's lol.

Try telling my wife that...............................

8 minutes ago, Glafnazur said:

Try telling my wife that...............................

I'm guessing she isn't an astronomer?

Told swmbo I was selling my other ones to cover these. She then told me she felt guilty because she thought, if he's having eyepieces, I'm having shoes, not realising I was selling the others. Told her she now has to sell a pair of her shoes!!! Didn't go down well!!!

Edited by tuckstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, tuckstar said:

Told swmbo I was selling my other ones to cover these. She then told me felt guilty because she thought, if he's having eyepieces I'm having shoes not realising I was selling the others. Told he she now has to sell a pair of her shoes!!! Didn't go down well!!!

Wow, that's complicated. lol

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of goodies recently aquired

Replacement handset for the my old one that died on me the other month. This is badged as Orion but it's exactly the same as a bog standard V5 SW handset except the Orion badge.

Works fine. However they got rid of the Beep when slew is complete, doh

spacer.png

Also saw this on a FB group and managed to bag first dibs. A SW Pier Mount. Somewhat weathered and missing a top puck but an ideal starter for a semi permanent pier in the yard. Investigating a new main tube as this is too short for a frac. Then I shall make a puck for the HEQ5.

spacer.png

Adjusting feet and clamp bolts already soaking in oil as I speak

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are you going to add the motors when they unveil them later in the year Doug ?

I've seen the pics of them in the prototype version and they say its an easy upgrade to do.

I think they are even planning a go-to option as well.

All in all, a formidable (with dual saddle / counterweight option) mounting platform.

A really nice purchase ; and i think you are the first on this forum to get one.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. You may need a bigger scope.......😉

11 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Are you going to add the motors when they unveil them later in the year Doug ?

I've seen the pics of them in the prototype version and they say its an easy upgrade to do.

I think they are even planning a go-to option as well.

All in all, a formidable (with dual saddle / counterweight option) mounting platform.

A really nice purchase ; and i think you are the first on this forum to get one.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. You may need a bigger scope.......😉

It is the versatility that sold it in the end.  I may go for the motors later but it is so easy to keep on track with the slow motion controls. The Nexus is easy too so don’t see the need for go to. 

It does look a bit like overkill with the 102 frac but I’m going to try the 200mm newt on it. 

• Like 1

Yes, i agree, the push-to using the Nexus is ideal, then the motor option takes over so to speak, if you're say, viewing planets 

for any length of time. 

I have some experience with the Nexus if you run into any problems.....

The 200 Newt should be ok, assuming you have sufficient tripod clearance, although i think you'll need the counterweight with it if you have it.

I'd love to see more photo's with it in action if you fancy posting some (in the mount section) 🙂

• 2 months later...

INCOMING , I’ve only gone and bought a cooled Astro camera a zwo 533mc second hand mind soz for more bad weather large.2CD3E4F3-1F5B-4F95-9D1A-C007BF9B0ACF.jpeg.c2dc6d1500d0911ec6fd2b7ea9835416.jpeg

• Like 2