• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Oh holy space debris I bought it!!!

The downside (apart from wife not being angry, just disappointed) is that FLO Is out of stock and are just "hoping" to get some in, in a week. So may be longer-who knows. Easily the best price I could find though and great service. Man I can't wait for it to arrive now! You watch cloudy for a month the day it arrives :)

Hahaha! Well Felix - you may as well start the marriage as you mean to go on lol - Congrats on the Zoom purchase :)

Hahaha! Well Felix - you may as well start the marriage as you mean to go on lol - Congrats on the Zoom purchase

Exactly! Thanks Kim :). Just hope they get some in stock soon. I will wait until we've been married at least 6 months before I announce the purchase of an NEQ6 mount ;)

Oh boy - the bug's really bitten eh!

It has! :) I was supposed to be getting an early night tonight but the skies cleared and I have just come in from outside. Have been exploring Auriga tonight. Loads of cool things there. Saw M37 and M38. Couldn't for the life of me find M1 though.hopefully the skies will be clear Saturday and in a properly dark sky I might have more luck. Them looked at the usual; M31,M42,M43,M44 and (my fav) M45. Good night tonight, most enjoyable. The whole time I did think how much better they would have looked through the Hyperion zoom!

Felix

Felix

Well - you can revisit them all when the zoom arrives - you're picking up a nice knowledge of the sky there :)

i hope the sky is good for Saturday, last time we had a good sky at Belper, we looked at loads of stuff i would have no chance of seeing at home, it`s amazing the differance a good sky makes.

another reason i like the star partys, better skies and everyone doing there interesting bit

Oh man!!! I just bought an Orion 9x50 correct image right angle finder scope! Right that's it now-no more purchases!! Lol ;)

Felix have you bought any filters yet?

Hey Dave, No not yet. I was hoping to have a chat with someone about what the best options for my situation on Saturday as I don't know what filters I need.

Felix

Hey Dave, No not yet. I was hoping to have a chat with someone about what the best options for my situation on Saturday as I don't know what filters I need.

Felix

In this order:

Light pollution filter

UHC filter

Colour filters

O111 filter

H-beta filter

Just bought the Carl Sagen 'Cosmos' set for £9 on Amazon, looking forward to some good viewing!

Carl Sagan-legend! When I took a break from looking after sick children I went to Leicester uni to do a PGCE in primary school education. On a teaching placement to try and get the kids into physics/science I tried to link science with music and found this on YouTube- they loved it

That's great Felix, brings it all back!

Yeah it's great Ron :) musicalising (not even a word!) science was quite effective with the kids I used to teach before I left the course. Teaching wasn't for me!

Guest David Pugh

In this order:

Light pollution filter

UHC filter

Colour filters

O111 filter

H-beta filter

See Felix, the list keeps going on :lol: I'm a few weeks ahead of you buying a telescope, so I know. I'm just wondering when it will stop.

I am dreading saturday night, as I am going to ask how do I get better photos. Hopefully it just me doing things wrong.

Clever video BTW

Edited by David Pugh

Yeah the list does keep going!!

The video is from a brilliant website called symphonyofscience.com