• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Latest Purchases

Guest Kheldar

Hi Daz

Could you let me know who has the Zoom EP in stock please. I have been trying to no avail, to get my hands on one of these babies.

Cheers

Tony

It was Greenwitch but I'm afraid I have had the last one.

Here is the link anyway, I have used them before, Lee is particularly helpful.

/>http://www.green-witch.com/acatalog/Hyperion_Eyepieces.html

It was Greenwitch but I'm afraid I have had the last one.

Here is the link anyway, I have used them before, Lee is particularly helpful.

/>http://www.green-witch.com/acatalog/Hyperion_Eyepieces.html

Good work Daz,

I am still waiting on back order for mine from FLO. Only ordered on 27/01/2012 so hopefully in next week or so. If not will just have to keep waiting.

Felix

Heated socks are not great. Not worth the money. There is some warmth but nowhere near what I was expecting. Get the boots :)

My neighbour bought some heated gloves for when he's out cycling, they last about forty minutes, he's not impressed either.

I have cold feet issues even with multiple socks and boots, may give the decathlon jobbies a go

I just got these boots from Decathlon, supposedly the warmest that they do at £15 and the linings come out for drying :- http://www.decathlon.co.uk/weasy-boots-id_8157557.html

My eldest son has these, £20 from the fishing tackle shop at Hucknall and on-line :- http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/Iso-Boots.html

My Baader Hyperion zoom ep that I ordered on Wednesday from Green witch has arrived :)

Can't wait to try it tonight, please stay clear clouds.

My Baader Hyperion zoom ep that I ordered on Wednesday from Green witch has arrived

Can't wait to try it tonight, please stay clear clouds.

I hate you Darren! ;) just kidding! Just wish I had ordered mine from

Somewhere that actually had them in stock! That will teach me to phone them before just clicking "buy now". have a good time with it tonight mate-at present the forecast is looking, dare I say it............clear skies!!! ;)

I hate you Darren! ;) just kidding! Just wish I had ordered mine from

Somewhere that actually had them in stock! That will teach me to phone them before just clicking "buy now". have a good time with it tonight mate-at present the forecast is looking, dare I say it............clear skies!!! ;)

Bad luck, hopefully FLO will get some in stock soon.

It comes with a bit of kit, not too sure what it all is for........

Edited by Daz type-r

Bad luck, hopefully FLO will get some in stock soon.

It comes with a bit of kit, not too sure what it all is for........

If you check out dions (astronomyshed) video on YouTube about it he explains how it all works. Happy viewing beautiful skies over Leicester.

In fact I just saw something really odd. Very Bright orange light flying in a straight line then the bright orange light went out and I could faintly see the object still. Flew in a straight line the whole time quite fast. Not sure but maybe a plane with an engine fire and then they killed the power to engine and fire went out??? Whatever it was it was really bright! Ran in to get bins but too late :(

Chinese lantern I suspect.

Do you mean one of those ones where you light a candle and let it go mick? If yes I can confidently say it was not one of those! The vapour trail and the perfectly straight line of trajectory and sheer speed would rule it out :)

Don't count it out to quick Felix

If the wind gets them they are quick. But then there would be no vapour trail, OK I give up.

It's inns have to be a mystery-I wish Simeon had been with me to see it. It was the flight characteristics that made it so strange,perfectly horizontal to the horizon and very fast. The way the "fire" went out was also strange, like it was being "choked" for want of a better word,like it "coughed and spluttered" out.

Nah I don't think so Darren. It literally looked like a ball of orange fire, travelling in a perfectly straight line at great speed and low in the sky too not high enough to be a satellite.

I guess we'll never know :)

Guest Bryndalf

Just my thoughts

Wont have been a plane as you would see its lights...

Wont have been a meteor as if you could still see it after the fire it would have been big and on the news :)

Im going with Micks lantern

Ive seen chinese lanterns go faster than I would ever have believed. If its caught the wind it can go very straight too.