• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Refractor hospital

philjay

Just a note, anyone needing advice or help with their refractors, be it collimation issues, focuser problems, poor star tests, owt refractor related just give me a shout at EMS2 I shall be there Thursday to Monday morning. Only happy to help

Guest foundaplanet

I think the focuser on my wo 70ed is beyond help but if you could do anything  for that I would be extremely grateful and happy. I've stripped it down three times but I think it must be quite poorly.

Hi Col, yep bring it along I shall have a play. If its anything like an early zs80 I had it takes a little persuasion to get the focuser working, I put up with it for ages until someone pointed out a little trick to me which seemed to work

Phil are you going to Kelling by any chance ??

I could do with a crash course in the collimation of refractors. :)

If you are up for it I would like you to have a look at the 132, though it might be better when you get back

Steve

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.