• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS2 the aftermath

cosmic dave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philjay

• oldfruit

• Doc

• Sheila

A big THANK YOU to Dave for organising the event once again.

What a fantastic weekend, great to meet up with old and new friends.

What a great weekend. Thanks to Dave especially but also thanks to all that attended and made this event so enjoyable.

A big thanks to Dave and all who came to EMS2 making it a bigger, better event! Thanks to Paul Money, really enjoyed his talk and that he spent time at the camp site with us! Lynne really enjoyed it (not sure if she would?) and has made new friends which she look's forward to meeting at Kelling next month (when she's caught up with her sleep!!) me too! A great weekend all round helped by great weather and clear sky's!!! :D  :D

Far too tired and hyper to put anything much in here just now but wanted to add my Thanks to Dave for sorting it again, Paul Money for a really great presentation, of course Chef Sheila for filling my belly full of delightful food, and each and every one of you all for making the weekend such a wonderful event! Here's to EMS3,4,5..................

I'll post again once I have got myself hosed down and fed. Sooooooooo much to think about from the event and so much to look forward to remembering until the next one! :)

Well done everybody!

What can I say, EMS2 was fantastic, the weather brilliant with two clear nights on Friday and Saturday, the moral of the story is don't trust the weatherman.

I think we had 25 members turn up and at least 20 scopes to look through. Some fantastic pictures of the night sky got taken and Phil will have a hard time this month deciding a winner for PoTM.

I stayed in Darrens tent again, he is a perfect host so many thanks Daz.

Paul Money was out of this world or should I say on a different planet, he is an amazing talker and I really enjoyed his talk. He stayed on at the party until pretty late helping members with their scope troubles.

Also thanks to Baz, Mike and Phil for the rocket display which was fantastic and hugely enjoyable.

Anyway thanks to all the members who turned up and next years will be even bigger and better so watch this space.

Lastly a huge thanks to Cosmic Dave for arranging it. A lot of effort goes into this so a huge thanks to Dave.

great weekend, and thanks to all that organised events thoughout the 3 days, can hardly keep my eyes open but it`s not looking a bad here night so might pull in another late "ish" one.

big thanks to Daz for putting up with mick and myself,

A thoroughly enjoyable event with a great group of folks, ive not enjoyed a star party so much since my 1st kelling i reckon, the combination of good weather organisation and company made for a memorable event. Thanks to Dave and all who organised it, Mike and Verner von Baz for a great rocket display..

Still recovering with my feet up but will post some images/reports when I have regrouped.

Can someone please be kind enough to explain how I post a link to photobucket?

Edited by oldfruit

Mark just copy the direct link in photobucket and click the image icon in your new post and paste it in the pop up that comes up.

Mark just copy the direct link in photobucket and click the image icon in your new post and paste it in the pop up that comes up.

Cheers Mick, I will give that a try.

Thanks very much guys, im so happy the weather forecast was way off. As I said at the campsite if the starparty was a movie it would be called ems2 the great escape. Really glad you all enjoyed it and I hope you will all be at ems3.

We have a few changes and additions for next year's starparty planned. ;)

when did you take that shot Mick ?

He didn't, I did. :D  I just did not know how to link to photo bucket but I di now. ;)

going to say ! i`ve never seen Mick with a camera in his hand at a starparty, thought he`d turn to the dark side

A great weekend - rockets, a good talk, a chance to catch up with everyone and a fabulous sky last night. Thanks to Dave for arranging it and Kim for lending me the lounger last night.

I now know what it's like to be weightless :facepalm:  although the weight went back on this morning with the big cholesterol busting breakfast :D

What an excellent week. I can only echo the above comments, with huge thanks to Dave for all his time and effort organising it. Also to Paul Money, for a presentation that appealed to any level of experience, and for attending the site afterwards. It even got Kim's eye at the scope, something I never thought possible.  :lol:

I had a great time, and the company and skies were amazing.

Thanks to Stephan Green for making such a long journey from Eastbourne to be with us, that is dedication.

Three videos of the rocket launches.

I tried to embed them but for some reason I can't, should be easy but I must be missing something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMZ7B00J1c

http://youtu.be/yXMZ7B00J1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9iPBwFZUvw

http://youtu.be/K9iPBwFZUvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GORnrH8ebfQ

http://youtu.be/GORnrH8ebfQ

Edited by Craig
Fixed videos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.