• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS2 the aftermath

cosmic dave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philjay

• oldfruit

• Doc

• Sheila

Guest foundaplanet

It was a pleasure to meet up with everyone and be in such good company for what was a fabulous weekend, already looking forwards to next years meet...! What a great bunch of folk and cheers to all who helped me out from scope fix to battery and tips and tricks... :)  

At 13 I saw Saturn and probably learn't more in that single moment than from any words I have ever read or heard :o 34 yrs later I get to see the Sun  :D

I hope everyone arrived home safely and I hope you all have a great week, thank you.

Had a great weekend with superb company and skies. Enjoyed the really enthusiatic talk by Paul Money.

Even Clare said camping was OK.

Thanks for all your hard work and organisation Dave.

Hopefully see you again soon.

Dave and Clare

Fabulous weekend - we enjoyed it very much indeed and managed to see more objects than we've seen all year under a super clear Saturday night sky. A huge thanks to Cosmic Dave for organising it all so effectively and single handedly. It's a big task and he made a terrific job of it. :)

Also a huge thanks to Paul Money for a superb talk on the first ten objects that inspired him, and for coming up to the site afterwards and hanging with us all for several hours - and in particular for helping me sort out my NEQ6 alignment problems lol. Your wonderful enthusiasm is infective Paul. :)

Finally congratulations to Mike (Perkil8r) for winning the hilarious Rocket Competition that gave us all a good two hours of laughing and giggling entertainment. It gives me great pleasure to award you a spanking brand new 1.25" 99% reflective Star Diagonal courtesy of Nick at Altair Astro who very kindly donated the prize - thanks Nick. :)

@Mike - PM me your address and I'll post it on to you cos I forgot to pack it the caravan lol.

Yup - Baz and Philj got higher but unfortunately their rockets failed the entry requirements and violated almost all of the rules hahaha! :lol:

EMS2 was a huge success & I enjoyed it immensely, my thanks to all involved. I think we might need a bigger field for EMS3!  :)

Just going to echo the above really, many thanks to Dave for organizing the event (top job matey), Paul Money for his completely bonkers, but funny presentation (loved it!), Mick for the messier marathon we embarked on, Sheila for the wonderful food (I need the 2 million schoval (spelling) sauce off you for another curry, need to try it again - :unsure:  ), Phil, Martyn and Mike for the funniest rocket contest I`ve ever seen and to every body else for making it a epic weekend, good to see new and old faces alike.

Roll on EMS3.

A few photos of the weekend............................

Love the shirt.

null_zpsace9ef55.jpg

Go on Mike give it some!

null_zpsbb0966a8.jpg

null_zps01cbd03e.jpg

Noel - this one is for you - BOTTOM!!!!!

null_zpsd54cf1e6.jpg

null_zpsf1532a4a.jpg

null_zpsd2549577.jpg

null_zps227c1fab.jpg

:D:lol:

Ah, the obligatory "Sheila's Ass" shot. Legendary. :D

Looks like a great time was had.

it has become a sort of large feature at star parties  :D  :D

Guest fusebox666

hi all, thanks for a great weekend, glad Dave found his 'weight' ;) hope Kim found his ;) . Rockets where great, best of all seeing Uranus, and the talk on Saturday evening by Paul Money.

Here's a few more memories, which seems ages ago now. Here's to the next one, thanks for a fantastic weekend everyone.

DSCF3653_zpsc8f62c8d.jpg

DSCF3651_zpsbe3952a2.jpg

DSCF3646_zpsf285e893.jpg

DSCF3645_zpsd0223315.jpg

DSCF3643_zps83056c97.jpg

DSCF3634_zps0778d736.jpg

DSCF3623_zps3fe5379d.jpg

DSCF3641_zpsba111b7f.jpg

DSCF3614_zps6d814728.jpg

DSCF3608_zps50996065.jpg

DSCF3589_zps781c4f21.jpg

DSCF3586_zps1d9d0014.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.