• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi

Guest CjS

Welcome to EMS Chelsea.

As said above, you will get lots of help and advice from EMS members, and Belper dark site is very close to you. Have your free visit and ask lots of questions. The dark site membership is a bargain. Compared to my backyard, observing from a dark site is like doubling the size of my scope.

Enjoy :)

Hello from me. You'd be welcome to have a look through my scopes at a meet. I've got a 10" newt and a 6" refractor.

Welcome to EMS.

Toby

Hi Chelsea and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

All good advice above - especially about joining us at a meeting - group observing is fun and you learn so much so quickly. Keep an eye on the "Info and Announcements" section for "EMS Meets" especially at the weekends.

Meetings can be called at very short notice - but do beware they can also be cancelled up to half an hour before the suggested time if the weather turns bad. I look forward to seeing you at a meeting soon - meantime enjoy the forum and don't hesitate with any question you want to ask. :)

Hi Chelsea, a warm welcome to EMS. 

All good advice above, and a look at what you can get for your money is a real good idea. It's not just size, it's weight as well and moving things can be a real pain when you are cold and have had enough.

There are some modifications that can be made to different scopes to make them easier to use, but only after the warranty has expired !

After 10 posts you will get access to the shout box, and can join in on that.

There are a good few of us local to you, so if you need any help, just shout. In the meantime, enjoy the forum.

Welcome to EMS Chelsea, as for the word Nesh, it might be an Ilson word, I'm not sure, I use it but not many folk know what I mean :lol:

Guest Dick-The-Druid

Hi Chelsea

First heard nesh while workin in Dronfield, but sums me up well too...

As for scopes have a look at rothervalley optics website will give you a good idea of what is about and what sort of price.. They also get some good second hand stuff in.

But as said before on here have a look at as much varied equipment as you can before parting with cash - nothing worse than having somethin that doesn't quite fit the bill. 

DTD