• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2013 the Aftermath

Perkil8r

Come on then, let's have your best/worst/funniest moments etc.

For me the whole weekend was pretty darned awesome. As usual great company, made some new acquaintances and met up with lesser spotted ones too. Far too many moments to recall all of them now though!

I would like to thank Stephen for sorting the pitches for EMS, it's always nice to be amongst friends. I'd also like to thank Sheila, Stephen, Daz and Martyn for putting my tent up etc, it was most appreciated given my dubious health on the Thursday. Of course Huge thanks to Sheila for the catering which was of course top notch. :thumbsup:

no worries Mike you are very welcome :)  the best moment for me was to see you, daz, and stephen in tears of laughter and fits of giggling at 1 am in the morning.  We had a really good time and lots of laughs.  And i have also found i quite like bacon sarnies at 1.30 in the morning :)

top weekend :)

seconded thumbs up for the catering Sheila.

One of my funniest moment has to be us lot sitting there watching the cloud on the laptops only to find every other part of the sky was crystal clear. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Brilliant weekend in brilliant company. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

3rd thumbs up for the catering!

I have no idea where to even start......

The food, the company, the laughs, the skies (when clear) far too many good times to even begin to list.

Thanks to Graham for sorting my colli bolts and to everybody else from EMS for making it a fantastic autumn Kelling.

I never seem to take many photos so here are a few from the last couple of days......

null_zps57901969.jpg

null_zps33f6e280.jpg

null_zps130fbd4d.jpg

null_zps9c99925d.jpg

null_zpsd05b9b03.jpg

null_zps53ceb555.jpg

:)

Looks like a wonderful time guys.

Daz did you add any Messiers to your list?

Also must try out your new Ethos next time we meet.

How many clear nights did you have?

Looks like a wonderful time guys.

Daz did you add any Messiers to your list?

Also must try out your new Ethos next time we meet.

How many clear nights did you have?

Yeah I only managed to add 5 new Messiers to my list, Thursday night was full cloud, Friday was not great either, Saturday night was clear ish for a couple of hours but I spent far too long looking at old Messiers and comparing the views through the Ethos compared to my Baader zoom, the double cluster was fantastic, fitting in the FOV nicely and I loved the fact I could get M81 and M82 in the same FOV with room to spare!

I have kept one very special photo back.... :huh::lol:

yes i thought you might :P :p  so i will just say enjoy the cupcakes    :moon:  :lol:

Yeah I only managed to add 5 new Messiers to my list, Thursday night was full cloud, Friday was not great either, Saturday night was clear ish for a couple of hours but I spent far too long looking at old Messiers and comparing the views through the Ethos compared to my Baader zoom, the double cluster was fantastic, fitting in the FOV nicely and I loved the fact I could get M81 and M82 in the same FOV with room to spare!

You did ever so well to swap your zoom for that ethos matey;-)

You did ever so well to swap your zoom for that ethos matey;-)

I thought he won it in the raffle ;):lol:

Here are a few from my cam

Daz does the deed

Dazdoesthedeed.jpg

The EMS Enclave on Monday

theonly2.jpg

The EMS Enclave takes shape Thursday

emsenclave.jpg

Sheila strikes a pose

sheila.jpg

Alan strikes a pose

alan.jpg

Daz and Baz setting up Daz Palace

dazandbaz.jpg

Rob and Col

robandcol.jpg

Stephen strikes a pose

stephen.jpg

Big mount

bigmount.jpg

EX WW2 German Binos on Meade forks

Kreigsmarine-binos.jpg

My next entry for EMS rocket competition

bloodhound.jpg

Nice photo's Phil, I especially like the last one, who's tent was that in?  :lol:

That was mine I admit it, the secret weapon for EMS3 has been let out of the bag :lol: