• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Newbie from norwich

Guest sharpie78

Guest sharpie78

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hello and it was really good to meet some of you at Kelling Heath. Big thanks to Phil for showing me the basics with my HEQ5, to Martin for giving me my first views of Neptune and Uranus and to Mike for keeping me company while the rest of you were in bed during the small hours of sunday morning and of course to anyone else who gave myself and Dean any tips and pointers. You're all tops people and I hope we'll see each other again at the next one. Soz I didn't get to say goodbye to you, had to get off early morning monday to get the kids to school.

Cheers

Jack

Hello Jack, good to see you have found us.

A warm welcome to EMS.

It was a cracking star party I think, a few duff nights, but that's where the party bit comes in. A bit of communal viewing gives you a good buzz which will keep me going for a good while.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away in the help and beginners section, a sensible answer will be along shortly. Please feel free to contribute when you have your feet under the table.

It was great meeting you two, and I'll keep an eye out for you next year, and the stags!  :o

In the meantime, enjoy the forum.:)

Guest sharpie78

Thanks Martyn

There'll defo be a couple of questions in the beginners section, in short order no doubt. I hope there'll be a couple of not so sensible answers included too.  :D

Hi Jack and welcome, glad youve found us. It was indeed a good starparty you started with the best.

Any questions just ask, we have loads 8f expertise on here so the place is a mine of info

Phil

welcome Jack,

glad you and Dean enjoyed the starparty, if your going next year remember to book as soon as possiable as the pitches go quickly, most of us have already booked and paid for next year.

hope Dean got his mount working with stellarium. sorry i couldn`t get it to play ball but it`s sometimes difficult when your in the middle of a field, great bit of kit when it does work, pain when it doesn`t. 

anyway glad you found us and hopefully meet up with you at kelling next year, or if your interested we hold a EMS starparty near Skegness around September time, your more than welcome to come along to that one, alittle smaller than the Kelling heath meet but just as fun, if not more fun.

Ayup Jack :) Glad to see you joined! It was a cracking morning on the Sunday wasn't it, the rest of them part time astronomers don't know what they were missing do they ? :lol:

How did you get on with those Jupiter images? Get them posted up in the imaging section, if you need any help just ask away in the forums, I'm sure somebody will know the answer or where to find the answer if you're stuck with anything. Look forward to meeting again sometime :thumbsup:

Guest sharpie78

Thanks for the warm welcomes  :)

I'm not sure if Dean ever did get the issue with stellarium sorted Rob but thanks for giving it a go anyway. More than likely one little setting somewhere that just needs a box ticked or something. How did your Pleiades image turn out ?

I got the images processed and posted in the imaging section Mike :

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/6062-first-ever-attempt-at-jupiter/

fairly pleased with them for my first attempt at Jupiter. next time I'll wait until it's higher so I'm not going through the atmosphere so much. Still playing around with the settings, wavelets stuff in registax so hopefully onwards and upwards. New camera coming soon hopefully too.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forum for your EMS starparty. Skegness aint too far for us to come so hopefully see ya there  :)

Do you guys go to the spring star party at Kelling ? 

Hi Jack

Welcome to the best site with the best people on the web.

As you will see I am not a million miles away from you.

Nice to see I'm not the only honorary midlander graham  :)

Far from the only one, we have folks in Canada, France, Scotland and even Wales :o:lol:

Guest sharpie78

More welcomes on here than I got on SGL. Thanks v much. Now amongst all the other questions I have about everything, I've gotta figure out why astronomers are such nice people...... :D