• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M27 from Sunday night at Kelling

red dwalf

been trying not to over process this one so he`s my fairly lightly processed M27 from Kelling.

10 x 5 minute subs, isn`t guiding great, only my second ever object imaged while guiding and certainly the longest subs.

imaged with a starwave 80 and a canon 1100 d unmoded, guiding with a st80 and a Atik Titan,

technical support from my resident I.T. man i.e. Noel, thanks Noel.

P.S. Noel, the first image wasn`t static, there`s something there but i don`t know what. i`ll post it later.

anyway here`s a fully frame picture and hopefully a cropped one also.

paw8.jpg

zk82.jpg

lost a bit of colour i think saving as a small jpeg image, but lovely round stars for a change, i`m liking this guiding lark.

Guest foundaplanet

Great image..:)

You are right about pin point stars they certainly make guiding worth the extra effort, I really should get that cable ordered.

That's seriously widefield :D, shame Nick didn't jump on this first instead of m57 otherwise you could have done a combo :)

I reckon you can get a better quality one uploaded, it looks like it's had some serious compression applied to it.

That's seriously widefield :D, shame Nick didn't jump on this first instead of m57 otherwise you could have done a combo :)

I reckon you can get a better quality one uploaded, it looks like it's had some serious compression applied to it.

had to save it as a small jpeg file so it would fit on the webpage, anyone know the maximum file size allowed on the forum ?

had to save it as a small jpeg file so it would fit on the webpage, anyone know the maximum file size allowed on the forum ?

Any size since they aren't hosted on the forum :)

Nice image Rob, only convert to jpg at the last possible moment - if you can work in 16 bit files (tiff, png etc) most sites let you upload png's and these can stay as 16 bit - that will improve the colour processing.