• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Elac meeting this sat.

cosmic dave

Yes its here again its meeting night this Saturday the 2nd of November @ badger farm campsite nr Asterby. It gets dark early now so im sure some of you will be there before dusk to set up. Im working but should still be on site by 7.30 pm.

Hope to see you there.

Guest foundaplanet

I'll be there around 4 then to but I expect we will be in the hut. Friday is looking good..

ED; No, it should be okay on sat from around 10 so all is good.

Edited by foundaplanet

I'll be there around 4 then to but I expect we will be in the hut. Friday is looking good..

ED; No, it should be okay on sat from around 10 so all is good.

It appears the forecasts have gone back to being rubbish for me, they've been wrong the past few days! 

I`ll pm you Tobias.

Sure thing

I'll leave home about 4 ish, if the forecast is good, I'll take the meg72 and camera and the Dob, if not just the meg72 !!

I can't make it this weekend,my mount has gone in for a repair again(blooming celestron motors!) and I'm setting off the fireworks for the kids in the evening,so I'll see you at the meal at the end of November.

As the forcast looks a bit iffy for tomorrow i will be taking my laptop in case anyone may be interested in looking at planetary imaging and processing tecniques, or any ideas that anyone else may have, also i have a bright lamp in case there is no electric.

Might be a good idea to take a chair as i am unsure if there are any in the room that we will be using.

Intending to make it but Missus working till after 5pm so will get there as soon as poss. Hoping for good weather!

David

I don`t know Col, i have just been told by Paul and Dave that we can use "the room"?[/quote

Its the room/shack on the observing field.

Good idea mark I would be very interested. Looking forward to it.

It's that round room/building we looked at earlier in the year, with the cooker etc, but they need to know we need the electricity switched on I think?

Cheers

Ron

Guest foundaplanet

It's that round room/building we looked at earlier in the year, with the cooker etc, but they need to know we need the electricity switched on I think?

Cheers

Ron

Yes, that's what I was thinking. If it is the shack they will put the leccy on for us..:)