• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Elac meeting this sat.

cosmic dave

Unfortunately the meeting tonight at Badger Farm was plagued by cloud and by eck!! it was blowing a gale tonight. This was a great shame as when there were gaps in the clouds, the sky was absolutely stunning, really clear and the Milky way was just awesome.

For every negative there is a positive. We got to try out our on site hut tonight. It is actually really good to have somewhere to go to shelter from the elements or just have somewhere to go for a welcome break after a long observing session. We would have been a bit lost tonight had it not been for the hut. We have everything we need there, shelter, Lighting, refreshments, and all this provided by ourselves.

It was really nice to catch up with everyone tonight, just a shame it was not clear. Even so we did still stay quite late (11pm) chatting about anything and everything.

A big thanks to Paul for keeping everyone refreshed with fresh tea and coffee and thanks to all that came tonight and provided us all with biscuits and Jaffa cakes.

Yes it was a really nice night, I think we should set up outside the shelter from now on to make use of it. And thanks for the tea and biscuits, looking forward to the Christmas meal. ..

Guest foundaplanet

It was still a good night regardless of the weather, though it would have been grand just to get half an hour. I can not say I have seen the Milky Way as well as that since I have started this up again. I don't know if that is going to be the norm over the winter at BF or if it is down to all the winds we have had lately blowing all the rubbish away up high in the atmosphere. Either way I do like it up there.

The hut is an added bonus and did a grand job, always kinda liked the roughin it approach. Cheers lots to Paul for organising the refreshments and the stove..:)

Hope we can manage to get another night in sometime sooner than December as that seems so far away.

The one thing I would say about setting up down there is that we will lose most of the southern horizon due to the hillside and the trees, maybe somewhere in between would be best.

Great to see all again..:)

Enjoyable night despite the cloud and the gale blowing!! Handy having that 'hut' there if needed and a big thank you to Paul (apart from nearly gassing us all!) for the

coffee and tea. Good to chill out and chat about everything astro and none!

Also looking forward to the Xmas meal and some cloudless nights at BF !

Cheers

Ron

As discussed last night, there is always a good chance of an extra meet. Not everyone will always be able to make it but the few extra meeting that we have had in the past have always seen about 3 members able to attend the extra session. Plus they are dependant on the weather and are booked when the weather looks good and every extra session so far has been top drawer. Looking forward to it already. :thumbsup: