• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astro stuff on Flea Bay

catman161

Nice one Felix I especially like the WO 110 APO.

Agreed, if I had large amounts of disposable cash I would have the lot!! LOL ;)

You're developing a good sense of choice Felix - very interesting bunch of sales.

I had a spanking brand new FLT-110 last year on approval - the objective was just beautiful - but I had to send it back. Stripped thread on the focuser meant it just slips out when raised to the pole. And the DDG on/off switch stuck under the case as per the advert, leaving it virtually useless. Shame - WO are usually v.high quality.

The older models without the DDG work better. I like the ZS80 - allways fancied one of those. That f4.9 Bresser was the most interesting to me but I'd only want the ota cos it would go on the EQ6. But I've got too many scopes already lol. :)

I liked the look of the ZS80 too :). Had not heard of the bresser but thought it looked interesting so thought I'd share.

Once the wedding and honeymoon is done will look into getting a WO refractor.

Felix

Uh Oh! you'll get me in trouble dragging me into these scope chats - never know who's watching lol

Ha ha ha! No need to worry Kim I will just say that it's a gift for her (Katie) she can't get angry at presents :)

Nice finds Felix, I was looking through that scope last night, ( the 1 above "could be a bargain" ) I really liked the look of it so dropped him a message (his names Alan) and within a couple of hours, I was looking at the moon through it in his garden in Oadby. Real nice guy....

Kim; I find it's easier to ask for forgivness than permission!!!! Lol, M. ; )

Are we on for tomorrow then???

Lol Mark

It's unlikely I'll make Friday after the commute home. By the time we've had a meal and relaxed a little it's usually gone 9pm and neither of us feel like moving and packing the boot up. Sat's allways more likely with us - and/or sometimes a quick sess on Sunday.

But the weathers looking naff for Sat - so some of the members are aiming for Friday night when it (so far) looks clear :)

(Keep an eye out for announcements)

Ok, will do cheers Kim. It's cloudy here now in chunks of cloud then clear, so I keep trying to catch a clear spell.

Nice finds Felix, I was looking through that scope last night, ( the 1 above "could be a bargain" ) I really liked the look of it so dropped him a message (his names Alan) and within a couple of hours, I was looking at the moon through it in his garden in Oadby. Real nice guy....

Kim; I find it's easier to ask for forgivness than permission!!!! Lol, M. ; )

Are we on for tomorrow then???

That particular one was very interesting. That kind of setup new would cost about £700ish. So if it stays cheap on eBay I would highly recommend bidding on it.

Was very good to be able to go and give it a try. Were there any major defects or was it all in good working/cosmetic order? Is worth "watching" that one as at present is only on £102!

FelixEdit: Sorry just re-read your post you said the 1 above the explorer. That is the 200p Dobsonian. Same OTA as the explorer just with a basic push to mount rather than motorised goto tripod mount like the explorer. They go for £270 new on first light optics. They are also a good scope. I am biased though, that is the scope I have :)

Edited by catman161