• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Free talk tonight

Guest Julian Onions

Guest Julian Onions

I posted this on SGL, but thought I'd copy it here.

Chris Lintott talking about the most significant astronomical happenings this year (although talking to the organiser he was still in Chicago yesterday!)

Julian

News from the Cosmos : 2011's astronomical headlines

Dr. Chris Lintott

Thursday 8th December 2011

ABSTRACT:

News from the Cosmos : 2011's astronomical headlines

It's been a dramatic year in astronomy, with more planets discovered than ever before, missions arriving at asteroids and setting off towards Mars, and plenty of spectacular images flowing from the Hubble Space Telescope and Earthbound observatories. In this end of year talk, Oxford astronomer and BBC Sky at Night co-presenter Chris Lintott will present his pick of the year's highlights, and explain why they matter.

6-7 pm

NO TICKETS REQUIRED!

Maths & Physics Building (B1)

University Park Campus

Nottingham

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/astronomy/index.php?dire=Events&file=public

Thanks for sharing Julian, if I didn't finish work until six, I would have gone. If it quietens down in the new year I may get to go early, but if this year was anything to go by it may not happen. That would have been a good talk as well.