• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The start of a new project Horse Head in Ha

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

I've been working on the same image since last may and I'm still nowhere near where I want to be with it....so I've decided to leave it until next time around and add to the data.....
So I've started a new project now I have removed a great big South facing tree I thought I would start on getting some frames for the Horse Head...this is one night four hours worth or 8x1800s in H-alpha I plan on getting lots more and some RGB.
This is the first time I've pointed the AG12 to 434 and I'm quite surprised at how much detail I've managed to get...in our UK skies.

This session was fully automated, I woke up this morning wondering if things had gone smoothly and the scope appeared not to have moved.....I had a smile from ear to ear when I saw I had a full set of good quality data and the scope put it self to bed.

thanks for looking

Cheers

Peter
spacer.gifpost-4526-0-27797200-1385225466.jpg

Man! That's jut gonna get better and better the more you add to it if that is the starting point! Amazing, thanks for sharing peter

WHAT THE!!!

That is incredible. Can't wait to see what it'll look like "finished"

Brave leaving the scope out going to bed as well.

Crazy good pic!

very good start there cant wait for more additions to it,   pretty awesome stuff :)

Edited by Sheila

Thanks ...BTW I do have a weather sensor, there is no way I would be able to sleep without it, not with our UK's track record ;)

Hey peter, when you say weather sensor do you mean that it sounds some sort of alarm or does the Obsy close itself?

Guest peter shah

Many Thanks everyone...

Hey peter, when you say weather sensor do you mean that it sounds some sort of alarm or does the Obsy close itself?

If the clouds roll in it will park and close the roof wait until it clears then open up and carry on.

Many Thanks everyone...

If the clouds roll in it will park and close the roof wait until it clears then open up and carry on.

That's some clever gizmos!

Many Thanks everyone...

What?! I need to know more about this! That's awesome, although I bet it's not cheap!

Stunning images, strange is it not that even in this day and age mono images still manage to deliver an atmospheric image. :thumbsup:

Guest peter shah

The image and everything is just amazing, what a clever set up. :-)

That's some clever gizmos!

Having imaged manually for years staying up all night and going to work fuzzy headed, it really has made things so much easier for me.....I will still only image if I know it is going to be clear all night the cloud sensor is if they get the forecast wrong!

I use CCDAutopilot for the automation which uses Maxim DL, Focusmax, Pinpoint and The Sky while keeping and eye on the weather sensor.....With pinpoint it plate solve a location in seconds, you just frame it in the sky how you want it, making sure there is a guide star in the guider frame and export it into a session, choose your exposure and filters and run the session. It will also wait until the sky is dark get a set of sky flats and take darks. It will also focus at the start of the session and periodically throughout or even if the temperature changes. Getting something like this set up and working well take time....it all has to be set up a little at a time.

What?! I need to know more about this! That's awesome, although I bet it's not cheap!

Probably just got Micheal Fish sitting outside the obsy with the open/close remote. :lol:

Guest peter shah

Thanks Damian and Mike

Any chance of seeing the full res so far? :)

Yep I can email it to you if you like PM me your email ill send it to you

Guest peter shah
A tiny step forward.... last nights imaging session started off promising....I was confident I was going to get what I wanted, but it wasn't to last the cloud rolled in after on one frame in each channel...... RGB subs were, 1200s in R 1060s in B and 840s in G.
Its been a massive slog to get it looking half way to where I want it.....Ill keep grabbing the frame until I'm happy with it.....sounds like I'm being hypercritical, I'm happy with the way its going so far just slower than I hoped

Click the link and zoom in.....it should allow you to go full res

>https://docs.google....DZXeTFtQ2M/edit

Thanks for looking

spacer.gifpost-4526-0-94146400-1385499240.jpg
  Edited by peter shah