• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Free 12 week online astronomy course

dawson

Hahaha! - well we can trade maths equations for chemical equivalences till I can make enough gold to get a bigger Tak than yours rofl :)

dreaming again Kim :lol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dawson

• Sheila

• Brantuk

• Daz Type-R

Guest Kheldar

i also have the same problems as that Daz, but its about time i stopped avoiding it and have another crack at this sort of stuff....  old dog new tricks and all that...

must prove that adage wrong at some point :D

Already been done :)

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAv7czgIl0Q

Already been done :)

that is really impressive for huskies, they are known for ignoring you totally,  trust me i know :lol:

I suppose i could learn new trucks for food tooooo   :lol:  Daz i am sure could be trained as well :lol:  Maths for cakes ????

Edited by Sheila

Step 1 - Multiply both sides by r squared

Step 2 - Multiple both sides by D cubed

Step 3 - Divide both sides by G

Step 4 - Divide both sides by m

Step 5 - Cube root both sides

Step 6 - r cubed cancels with the cube root to take r outside the brackets

I think ... I've been coding 15 hours straight now ...

"like" :D

I was excellent at art, really useful here - not!!! lol.

I've done the first 10 questions on the link Stephen put up, so far so good. Just over a week to go to better understand it. :-/

I've signed up. Hopefully the maths won't be too bad. I did used to be able to do differential equations many years back, though found it a chore, mainly because it was for engineering and not particularly relevant to what I was doing at the time. I've an interest here, so hopefully, that will spur me on! :)

"Re-arrange the following pile of cakes so that they are proportionally distributed to everyones appetite...."

That would make learning so much easier, and tastier :)

It would be good if we could discuss the course on here. I'm just conscious that:

- the small print suggests the course material should not be disclosed or discussed publically (i can't remember the wording), so is there a way to have an area of EMS which only registered EMS people can see?

- any course-specific discussions might be boring for the rest of the forum users

Any ideas / comments?

James

You can certainly have interactive chats about it in the chat room if you didn't want to leave a public record like in a thread. :)

In fact, are all the people who are signed up to the course dark site members?

James

Thinking the same, could we have a thread in the darksite members forum? Again assuming all those enrolled are members that is.

I looked through and from those who declared interest in the course only tibblitz wasn't a dark site member, but that could be sorted quite easily :)

sounds good as in the chat room the posts will disappear quickly if you dont happen to

be around.

I will just start up a thread and leave it open for anything if that OK with everyone we just need to check

if everyone on the course has dark site access

Please let me know

Sheila

Edited by Sheila

Sheila, could there be a while section temporarily for the course, then different threads could be related to different sections of the course?

Jd

Sheila, could there be a while section temporarily for the course, then different threads could be related to different sections of the course?

Jd

that would be a mod you needed for that... i am sure it could be done :)

For anyone who hasn't yet used the chat room or is unsure how it functions - you can use it to dive off into private chats with any number of invited people - it doesn't all have to be in the main chat room which is open to anyone - though you do have to access private chat through the main room. Could be useful even if threads are used as well. :)

For anyone who hasn't yet used the chat room or is unsure how it functions - you can use it to dive off into private chats with any number of invited people - it doesn't all have to be in the main chat room which is open to anyone - though you do have to access private chat through the main room. Could be useful even if threads are used as well. :)

cheers for that Kim, yes i was aware but others may not have been.  Could we have a sort of topic in the darksite area where different threads

can be posted under one heading for different parts of the course, if that makes sense :wacko:  then we have the best of both worlds.  Info

can stay on  the threads for everyone, but specific chats if needed can be CB

Sheila

Hi Sheila - I saw this request coming and it's been raised with staff for consideration already. We're deciding how best to make provision for it on the forum for you. :)