• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Free 12 week online astronomy course

dawson

Hi Sheila - I saw this request coming and it's been raised with staff for consideration already. We're deciding how best to make provision for it on the forum for you. :)

thank you, and if you can i will make it clear that they cannot post answers, any part of the course etc etc, but i think they all know that already.

It is for help not for getting better marks :lol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dawson

• Sheila

• Brantuk

• Daz Type-R

I'm going to need all the help i can get!

I've ordered a copy of universe by freedman as it was on the reading list. The first cheap copy i found was going to take 6 weeks to arrive so i told them to cancel the order, but now hopefully found a copy in scotland which is apparently in transit to work.

Jd

I'm going to need all the help i can get!

I've ordered a copy of universe by freedman as it was on the reading list. The first cheap copy i found was going to take 6 weeks to arrive so i told them to cancel the order, but now hopefully found a copy in scotland which is apparently in transit to work.

Jd

google is cheaper :D

True, but i like books, an it looks like a nice book anyway.

Plus i'm hoping he picks out questions directly from the book!

True, but i like books, an it looks like a nice book anyway.

Plus i'm hoping he picks out questions directly from the book!

ermm... i doubt that :lol:  also if you look at the maths recommended reading it runs to 400 pages and most of that is university level maths

that it says we dont need.....  i hope :wacko:

Yes, i'd messaged felix earlier to try and badger him to sign up, but he's too busy wih other stuff, and he reminded me it was a physics course and would be full of maths.... Gulp! I was hoping it would just be like listening to brian cox, and them want us to draw a picture of the solar system.... What have you made me do sheila!!!!! Lol

Yes, i'd messaged felix earlier to try and badger him to sign up, but he's too busy wih other stuff, and he reminded me it was a physics course and would be full of maths.... Gulp! I was hoping it would just be like listening to brian cox, and them want us to draw a picture of the solar system.... What have you made me do sheila!!!!! Lol

:nonono:  do not blame me i did nothing and you are an anesthetist..... so you are not short of a few brain cells   :P  And i have

seen some of the maths required for that :P

Sheila 

Lol@ sheila.

I've just ordered some new coloured pens too, for the "draw the solar system" assignment.

Lol@ sheila.

I've just ordered some new coloured pens too, for the "draw the solar system" assignment.

i have those left from my ou course over 10 yrs ago, do you think they will still be any good :lol:

I would get a dark site membership if I had some money on my card but I haven't had any for a while, I did plan to sign up a few months back but the camera wiped out more money than I expected!

I'm sure there will be plenty of help available without me anyway :) (Not like I can be much help to be honest)

Tibbz, if it goes dark site, your access will be secured one way or another, without you having to sell a kidney!

And none of this talk, you are going to be co-chairing "EMS maths support", also know as "why did none of you pay attention at school" :)

I'm sure there will be plenty of help available without me anyway :) (Not like I can be much help to be honest)

Without treading on a mods toes, I don't think you will be excluded. ;)

The first lot of lectures are good, covering the celestial sphere and stuff; all ground work, but good to go over.

I'd not heard of the term "zenith angle" before, and I'm not convinced it's that useful, but maybe the role of it will become apparent in due course.

JD

In a moment of madness I've signed up!!!

Watched the first couple of vids and done the practice questions to get the feel of it.

Only dropped point because I didn't include the * sign in equations. (Never used them in A-level maths so feel a little cheated)   :angry:

Iv'e spent the most of the evening changing the subject of formulas just in case!!!!

Bit rusty at first but surprised at how quickly it came back to me.  :D