• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Melton Mowbray

Guest beewolf

Guest beewolf

Hi All,

I am in Melton Mowbray and have not looked through a telescope for many years, but was really into it in my teens and 20s.  Kids (8 and 11) are now showing an interest so its just FORCING me to think about buying another scope!!!

I have posted a couple of questions on the beginners section and delighted with the helpful responses.

I know there are some other in the immediate area, is there anyone who would be happy to let the three of us have a look through their scopes to see if the kids are really interested?

I know its a big ask!

Gavin

Hi Gavin and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

We have one or two members over in Melton and I'm sure someone would entertain an evenings observing with you and the kids. Failing that you'd be very welcome to come to one of our meetings at Wymeswold dark site where there will be several scopes to look through of all types and sizes. Keep your eye on the "EMS Meets" thread in the "Info and Announcements" section for the next one.

Meantime enjoy the forum and ask any questions you like - someone will be along with an answer soon. :)

Hi Gavin and welcome to EMS.

I live in Melton and would be more than happy to show you my scopes if you want to pop up.

If you pm me and we can then make some arrangements.

Dave

Gavin, you might beed 10 or 20 posts before you can use the private messaging system, so you'll have to get posting; comment on peoples images, that's an easy way to get posts :)

James

Hi Gavin, a warm welcome to EMS.

If you get to Wymeswold, which is our nearest dark site to you, then you would be very welcome to have a squint though my scope. It's a good time of year, as it's dark early, and there are some great objects to view.

Enjoy the forum and look forward to meeting you soon.

Guest beewolf

thanks for the replies and offers. I would like to take you up on your offer Dave and was trying to work out how to pm, but I realise now I need some more posts! Are you able to pm me or is that blocked as well?

Gavin just tried to pm you but it's blocked from my end as well.

My mobile is 07919 693312. I'll be in tomorrow night so if you give me a call then we'll be able to arrange something.

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Gavin,

Warm welcome to EMS. When you have five mins download a planetarium program, lots around but try Stellarium, its great and free. Can be found here :- http://www.stellarium.org/. Also to help you round the sky try copies of 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas'.