• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS needs you! SGL2014

Perkil8r

Guest CodnorPaul

Yes that's fine Mike - whatever is best, just let me know if it changes based on others attending

On a separate note as if you got Mr James Dawson officially published for an astronomy picture by the BBC - hope he has noticed...and will remember the favour when he is the next presenter on S@N

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• RonC

• T A WOW

• Daz Type-R

I have stuff on the following day which may impact on the saturday, but I'll be there with a scope if I can.

I'll be there - no idea which scope(s) I'll bring - too spoiled for choice - all depends how I feel and what mood I'm in lol.

Probably best employed in the field giving sky tours with a laser and then views through a scope to see the stuff I've mentioned. But I'll leave that for you to decide Mike, :)

(I'll try and have something to go on display too)

Thanks John, Kim. You have been added to the list ;)

Just as a point of note, I looked on the BBC website at work today and we come up as the first result for Nottm, in the top 3 for Derby, Long Eaton and Loughborough :o

I'd be happy to bring along my 300p for show and/or use.

Cheers Ryall :) I've put you on the list, at the minute I think you have the biggest dob so it would be nice to have it inside to show folks if that's okay with you?

As discussed previously Mike, if I can make it I shall bring a scope with Mintron and telly

Great, thanks Phil :) that would be really good :thumbsup:

Cheers Ryall :) I've put you on the list, at the minute I think you have the biggest dob so it would be nice to have it inside to show folks if that's okay with you?

that'd be fine best get up to scratch on the lingo! 

Mike, have an old tungston lamp projector with VGA input if this is of any help? Also laptop to drive it with Stellarium installed. Also have a SW 130P Heritage Dob if a "beginners" scope is required. Anything I can do just shout

Chris

Mike, have an old tungston lamp projector with VGA input if this is of any help? Also laptop to drive it with Stellarium installed. Also have a SW 130P Heritage Dob if a "beginners" scope is required. Anything I can do just shout

Chris

Cheers Chris :thumbsup: Would you have any objections to Leigh doing a bit of a demo with the projector and Stellarium? The 130p will be a nice addition too :)

First day of a weeks annual leave for me; if i haven't found anywhere to go cottaging with my tackle i'll be there.

Jd

This sounds all kinds of wrong James :D

Edited by Teslar

I'm up for this too. Equipment: 300p Flexi, Mak127 on GC5 (manual) or 20x80 bins on parallelgram mount. Happy to do whatever.

I'm up for this too. Equipment: 300p Flexi, Mak127 on GC5 (manual) or 20x80 bins on parallelgram mount. Happy to do whatever.

Thanks David, could we have you in the scout hut with the Bino's please? :)

That reminds me, I have a pair of Celestron 20 x 80's on a Baader tripod, I will bring them for outside with my scope for a bit if dual viewing if you want?

That reminds me, I have a pair of Celestron 20 x 80's on a Baader tripod, I will bring them for outside with my scope for a bit if dual viewing if you want?

Spot on :thumbsup:

Cheers Chris :thumbsup: Would you have any objections to Leigh doing a bit of a demo with the projector and Stellarium? The 130p will be a nice addition too :)

That was the idea :)

Chris

I'm formulating a plan now for a range of sizes of each scope and bino's. Small through to as big as we can get between us, that way folks can see a good range. What we are thin on the ground on at the minute is small refractors -------- looking in Wayne's direcion :-)

Mike (et al), might be helpful to the people visiting if there was a sheet of A4 paper with a list (and maybe a small picture of) the various bits of kit, then they could tick off the ones they have looked through and also if they really liked one bit of kit they could make some notes and then do more research when they get home, plus the sheet could have the links to EMS. Just a thought.

JD