• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS needs you! SGL2014

Perkil8r

No worries Paul, these things happen. Yes please Allan.

I'll be sorting a few details tonight so will post up later, it's been a bit of a busy holiday :facepalm:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• RonC

• T A WOW

• Daz Type-R

Oh balls - just realised I have to go to work that weekend.  I work about 2 weekends a year normally and typically that is one of them :(

Sorry Mike - I was looking forward to it as well

Paul had spent this morning telling me I should still go now he's cant make it :o

Here is an updated list:

In the Scout Building:

Felix - catman161 - 25x100 Bino's for display.*

Damian - Devil74 - 250p dob

Carroline & Wayne - Cazz - long tube 80mm and the 60mm classic

Kim - Brantuk -  16" Dob? + 72 Meg for display.

Chris - The Bagman - Heritage 130p

David - DaveJW - 20x80 bins on parallelgram mount.

Dave - Rock Doctor - 11" SCT for display.

Allan - Allan The Plumber - Imaging rig

Sheila - Sheila - Tak130 and other expensive stuff.

Mike - Me - Physics demo's + will bring 10 x 50's, 200p on EQ5 and ED80 on NEQ6 for display.

In the Cricket Pavilion:

Liegh - Xanthic - Stellarium demo inside - using projector from Bagman.

Laptop with EMS Projector running slideshows.

Outside:

Daz - Daz Type-R - 200p dob outside

Felix - catman161 - 200p eq

Damian - Devil74 - 250p dob

Martyn - Baz - "Star Tours"

Andy - Tuckstar - General pointing stuff out.

John - Rusty Springs - Wanderer maybe with a scope

Harry & Wally - Fondofchips - Lyra Optics 102mm F11 refractor.

No Fixed Position so general helping out talking to folks etc:

Tobias(the elder) - T A Wow

James - Dawson - maybe

There will be more scopes and equipment inside than we will have bodies for so we'll need to sort of spread ourselves out a bit between kit. The outside folk, if we can decide on a target each please (for those with scopes) and stick to it (within reason) as it works best for getting folks to see something and they can move to another scope to see something else. Also this helps with getting a bit of patter going about that object. I would suggest M42, M45 and Double Cluster. If Harry can please do Jupiter?

We still have plenty of room for others so don't be shy!

No worries any idea what you like me to do

You have me down as a no fixed know a little but not loads

No worries any idea what you like me to do

You have me down as a no fixed know a little but not loads

What would you like to do? Would you be happy to have your rig set up in the Scout Building and show any interested folks what you have for imaging perhaps?

I think it is surprising what depth of knowledge you build up in such a short time.

It's worth bearing in mind that the vast majority of guests have no idea what so ever, and are looking for a nudge in the right direction.

All it takes is one spark!

It's looking like a good one!  :thumbsup:

Sounds good mike :) can I take the double cluster as my target it looks awesome in the 13mm ethos

What would you like to do? Would you be happy to have your rig set up in the Scout Building and show any interested folks what you have for imaging perhaps?

That's fine with me Mike can set up and show how I do the imaging if okay with your plans

Of course :)

I find it just works easier if you stick to a target and move folks through.

That's fine with me Mike can set up and show how I do the imaging if okay with your plans

Spot on :thumbsup:

Mike just a heads up, WW is a bit of a bog at the moment, I'd keep an eye on it ...

All in hand, parking only for us lot on site, public are on the road, Police are involved ;)

Hence not planning too many outside bits for this reason and also the fact it will prob be chucking it down.

Mike I will be there fingers crossed, as you know mother in laws been in hospital 6 weeks now but she's out next week so I'll be there and if possible will mingle around describing what type of scopes we have on display etc.

Btw you have done a fantastic job.

As Felix has already bagged my fave ;) stick me down for M42 Mike.

(In fact, you can stick me down for anything you like, globs could be good for the public - just a thought).

Tuckstar reporting for pointy out duties, sir.

Do you still want the 130 for inside mike? I'll bring it any way as I assume, as it WILL be a clear night, we'll be staying on for some observing.

Yup - superb job Mike - I'll pick an object or possibly two and let you know what I'll have the dob trained on.

If I have a group near me I'll do a 5 mins speel on where stuff is in the sky and how to find it. :)

Great stuff folks :thumbsup:

Daz, no probs kiddo, have a look on wiki and get some info on M42, I used that a few times last year as it's my favorite :D

Stuff like look up there top left, that's a dying star, down to the right a teenage star and here in the scope, a stellar nursery. It made most folks say wow and gave them an idea of what it is and what's going on.

I was rather hoping to get a nice big scope in the building to grab the attention, but outside should be good too Kim.

Mick, yup well aware and nothing taken for granted ;) there'll be plenty to do I'm sure :)

Sorry Andy, missed you out there :facepalm: yup bring it along, either in or out is good. If it is clear we will be staying after I'm sure, that was the biggest factor in choosing the Saturday night and for starting and "ending" early ;) give us plenty of time for ourselves afterwards.

Very nice scope that :thumbsup: just let me know what you would be comfortable with doing and I'll slot you in somewhere :)